- Presentation Dates: September 15–16, 2019
- Submissions Acceptance: Abstracts submission has closed.
- Submissions Deadline: July 3
- Notification of Acceptance: July 31
The conference begins with scientific poster presentations during the opening reception on Sunday evening. From 5:00−7:00 p.m. you will have an opportunity to discuss new research findings with poster presenters in the relaxed atmosphere of the Great River Ballroom at the InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront Hotel. Join your colleagues for the opening reception, and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Posters will move to the Saint Paul RiverCentre for viewing at the main conference on Monday.
Abstracts are no longer being accepted.
Call for Abstracts
The Allen D. Leman Swine Conference organizing committee invites abstract proposals for this conference from students and others in the following thematic areas:
• Viral Disease
• Bacterial Disease
Posters will be presented twice. The first presentation will be during the Opening Reception on Sunday evening, September 15, at the InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront Hotel. Then the presenting authors will move their posters to the Saint Paul RiverCentre on Monday, September 16, for the main conference. Authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted for poster presentation by July 31. Selected abstracts will also be selected for oral presentations on Sunday afternoon, September 15, at the Research Highlights session, 3:00−5:00 p.m. at the Saint Paul RiverCentre. Notification of these selections will be made by July 31.
Abstract guidelines and instructions
• Clearly describe the work, maximum of 500 words; include a descriptive title, and list all authors and their affiliations.
• Abstracts must include the following: Materials, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
• Only up-to-date developments and new research will be accepted. Abstracts that contain information that has been presented previously (recently) will not be considered.
• The presenting author must register for the conference and be present during the Opening Reception on Sunday, September 16 to discuss his/her poster with conference attendees. Failure to attend the opening reception with your poster will disqualify you from future abstract submissions. Those also selected for an oral presentation must be at the Sunday Research Highlights session.
• All submissions will be reviewed and judged based on scientific merit.
• Abstract submission ends July 3.
• Presenting authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted for poster presentation and oral presentation by July 31.
Abstracts submitted by students will be reviewed and the top six based on scientific merit and originality, will receive ribbons.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.