- Date: January 3−18, 2018
- Location: New location! Earle Brown Heritage Center
- Fee: $125/day for registrations received by December 11, 2017; $135/day thereafter
Note: a few specialty classes may have a higher registration fee
- Credits: See individual sessions for a listing of approved credits
- For: Architects, building, electrical, elevator, engineers, fire, housing, manufactured home installers, mechanical, permit technicians, plumbing, and residential building contractors
- PowerPoints: For your convenience, we have posted PowerPoints from all of the presenters who have agreed to share their presentations electronically.
Continue your education and get up-to-date information on Minnesota code rules and amendments, best practices for inspection and code administration, innovative products on the market, and useful professional development skills.
Program & Continuing Education Credits
The University of Minnesota has applied for State of Minnesota continuing education credit for all sessions at this year’s Institute. Credits will be posted on track pages as we receive them.
For your convenience, we have posted PowerPoints from all of the presenters who have agreed to share their presentations electronically.
For an online schedule, choose your track below.
New Location and Accommodations
We have moved! The Annual Institute for Building Officials will take place at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Dr, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. Free parking is available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 6300 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. The hotel is located adjacent to the Earle Brown Heritage Center. The discounted group rate of $109 per night is valid until December 4, 2017. You can book one of three ways:
2. Go to the hotel website, enter in the dates of stay, and then select ‘add special rate code’. In the ‘Group Code’ box, enter the following: AIB
3. Call 763-560-2700 or 800-Embassy, and let them know you need to make a reservation in the AIBO block, group Code AIB.