- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 continuing education credits
- Cost: $4,050 for certificate
- Schedule: 10 consecutive weeks, with synchronous and asynchronous activities led by an instructor.
2019-2020 course dates are pending. To be automatically notified when the next section of this course is open, click on Register for the Course and select Request Information.
- Onsite Option: Visit our BA Certificate page to learn about courses to take on campus
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars or sit in on the upcoming webinar, "Think and Act Strategically," which will be presented on June 13 at noon.
Hone your skills as the main liaison between business and IT departments. As a business analyst, you will gather and document business requirements and translate them into functional design specifications that can be executed by IT development teams.
- Identify business needs, and the costs and benefits of addressing them technically
- Formulate business specifications to develop and implement technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business and IT with common project definitions and requirements
- Use data modeling techniques to analyze and improve business processes
Webinar: Business Analyst Role in Troubled Project Recovery
Business Analysis Course Outline
|Online Certificate Program Overview (60 contact hours)||Schedule|
|Introduction to Business Analysis||Week 1|
|Business Solutions Scoping and Eliciting Requirements||Weeks 2 & 3|
|Business Requirements Analysis||Weeks 4 & 5|
|Supporting Requirements-Documenting and Managing Requirements and Validating Solutions||Weeks 6 & 7|
|Stakeholder Management, Business Analysis Planning, and Estimating||Weeks 8 & 9|
Note: Course participants should register themselves. After you register, we'll email your confirmation, along with a username and password to use throughout the course. Registrations are not transferable.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about Digital Badges.