How do your everyday actions affect your business? Can you lead and work more effectively? This course will provide you with the skills to solve problems in your company, deal with unexpected situations, and strategically align with your company’s goals.
Business acumen affects all levels of an organization, from strategy and culture to marketing and finance, so building these skills is essential to working effectively on all levels. In this course, we’ll focus on effective business leadership, how to make the right key decisions, and how to always create the best outcomes for your organization.
The course is highly interactive and will involve completing simulations in small groups.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- explain how your work affects the bottom line of an organization.
- describe how your role and work align with your company’s goals.
- apply strategic alignment to business decisions, communications, and everyday interactions with coworkers.
- use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and understand how they operate at every level of business leadership.
- describe how work efforts create value for a business.
- explain how to evaluate the cost/benefit of work efforts and projects.
- outline how business initiatives are selected and funded.