Whether you need someone to back your organization, invest in your idea, or get excited about following your lead, effective storytelling can help you succeed. Stories can bring meaning to an organization’s brand, illustrate core values in action, emphasize the need to change, or reflect an organization’s mission, purpose, and strategy.
This course will help you create the kinds of engaging stories that will inspire your audience.
By identifying your key stakeholders, their needs, and your big idea, you will be able to create a powerful story that moves people to action. You will explore different media for telling your story, learn how to create several versions in order to engage others in the process, and practice playing with tone and style to maximize your storytelling impact.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- verbalize stories to connect with the head, hands, and hearts of your audience.
- grab attention, create emotion, and inspire action.
- develop, rehearse, and receive feedback on a personal story in order to build a collection of stories that you can use in a variety of situations.
- use a simple four-step process to integrate storytelling into presentations for change, work, and other situations.
- confidently use stories, especially personal stories, as a part of your communication toolkit.