The College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS) and the U of M are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Below you will find resources for CCAPS students, faculty, and staff.
For Students and Visitors
Graduate and Undergraduate Students
As of March 18, students will take classes through online or alternative instruction until the end of summer semester 2020. More information will be provided to students by their course instructors.
Drop-in advising at 20 Ruttan on the St. Paul campus has been suspended.
The Office of Undergraduate Education has additional updates for undergraduate students.
Professional Development Courses
All courses scheduled between March 16, 2020 and August 31, 2020 have been canceled or moved online (see the full list of online PD courses). Your full payment will be refunded or credited based on the original method of payment. If you pre-paid for all courses in a certificate, we will cancel your course registration and request you contact us to transfer to a new section of the impacted class at email@example.com. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this causes, and we hope that you can find a future course offering that fits your schedule.
For cancellation or transfer inquiries related to professional development courses, we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will follow up with you.
All boot camps will be held virtually until further notice.
All LearningLife courses that take place prior to August 31, 2020, have been canceled. In many cases, LearningLife’s canceled courses and seminars have been rescheduled for fall. In the coming weeks, we will make a decision as to whether fall courses will take place online or face-to-face in the classroom. Check the LearningLife website for details.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call 612-625-2900.
The 2020-2021 season begins October 1. Secure your seat! Series passes and tickets for individual events are currently on sale. Rest assured, if in-person gatherings are restricted, Headliners will take place online. Registration/tickets are required regardless of presentation format. Check the Headliners website for series and speaker details.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-625-2900.
- Minnesota Airports Conference - canceled
- APWA Minnesota Spring Conference - canceled. We are still planning a fall conference.
- Coating Process Fundamentals Short Course - canceled. We hope to offer it later in 2020.
- Minnesota County Highway Accountants Conference - canceled.
- Minnesota Dairy Health Conference - offering a webinar conference
- Gravel Roads Design and Maintenance - canceled
- Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day - canceled
- Seal-Coat Operations and Micro/Slurry Surfacing - canceled
- Shade Tree Short Course - canceled. Please send us an email to request a full refund to email@example.com. Your full payment will be refunded or credited based on the original method of payment.
- Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Training courses - postponed
OLLI’s summer courses and SIGs are being offered online. Planning is underway for fall term and we expect that the majority, if not all offerings will take place online. Check the OLLI website for details.
CCAPS faculty can find more information on these websites.
- CCAPS Faculty Resources | A guide to using basic online instruction tools
- Keep Teaching with Canvas | Support for moving your course materials and activities online
- Academic Planning FAQ | Answers from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- The Libraries | Library services and resources to help faculty as they transition to alternative instruction
PSEO and CIS Students
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
The U of M Twin Cities PSEO program extended its academic year 2020-21 application deadline (postmark) to May 15. All application materials must have a May 15 postmark or be electronically submitted to the PSEO office by May 15 at 11:59 pm. Late materials will not be accepted. Admission decisions will be sent on June 26.
Visit the COVID-19 UMTC PSEO Impact website with information on how to submit application materials electronically, a link to the application instructions, how to contact the PSEO office, and other important information.
College in the Schools
CIS Instructors and Students
- The U of M is temporarily allowing undergraduate students to use the S/N grading basis (satisfactory or not satisfactory, often referred to as pass/fail). The S/N option is also available to students in CIS sections during Fall 2019 Year Long, Spring 2020 Semester/Trimester 2-3, and Spring 2020 Trimester 3. The U of M has indicated that all undergraduate students can change their grade basis from A-F to S/N after final grades have been posted.
- For more information on this policy and to request to change to the S/N grading basis, please visit the College in the Schools Students webpage. Instructions will also be emailed to all instructors to be shared with their students.
- Students wishing to withdraw from a CIS section can complete the Cancel a Class form. This process has not changed. The form must be submitted before students complete coursework, papers, or exams for their course.
- College in the Schools will be using the online process for Student Rating of Teaching (SRT) collection. Information will be provided to instructors for all active CIS sections.
- The Disability Resource Center (DRC) assists students with disabilities who are enrolled in CIS sections. Students enrolled in CIS sections whose accommodation needs have changed due to the transition to alternative modes of instruction are encouraged to contact their access consultant for advice. Students with disabilities who have not previously registered with the DRC or are experiencing a new temporary disability, are encouraged to inquire with the DRC to learn about their options.
Faculty Coordinators and Faculty Coordinator Assistants
- In order to support the sharing of information and resources, and facilitate conversations, CIS staff ask that all CIS faculty coordinators and faculty coordinator assistants use their cohort’s Google Group to connect with their CIS instructors.
- All spring semester student field days have been canceled.
- All spring semester professional development workshops have been turned into webinars, rescheduled for summer, or canceled. Review messages from your cohort’s Google Group or view the CIS calendar for details.
- All remaining spring 2020 CIS site visits can be rescheduled for fall semester.
CIS Partner Schools
- CIS instructors have received all U of M system-wide communications about the University’s COVID-19 response. In addition, College in the Schools program staff and faculty coordinators are communicating regularly with instructors through the cohort Google Groups. Occasional updates are also being sent to our entire population of concurrent enrollment partners, including the school principals and counselors who are in our database.
- Information about how CIS is using the U of M COVID-19 temporary student grade basis policies can be found on the College in the Schools Students web page.
- CCAPS Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) can answer questions related to student rosters, term dates, billing, deadlines, etc.
- The application deadline for new CIS instructors for the 2020-21 school year has been extended from March 30 to April 17, 2020. Note that applications for replacement instructors are always accepted at any time.