The College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS) and the U of M are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Below you will find resources for CCAPS students, faculty, and staff.
For Students and Visitors
Graduate and Undergraduate Students
As of March 18, students will take classes through online or alternative instruction until the end of spring semester 2020. More information will be provided to students by their course instructors.
Drop-in advising at 20 Ruttan on the St. Paul campus has been suspended.
The Office of Undergraduate Education has additional updates for undergraduate students.
- UMAA Mentor Appreciation Dinner at McNamara Alumni Center - canceled.
- Alumni and Student Undergraduate Programs Networking Event at Buffalo Wild Wings - postponed. Email email@example.com or call 612-625-5969. with any questions.
- CCAPS Commencement Ceremony - postponed. The University is looking at alternative dates for some point in the future. Please submit your ideas and feedback via President Gabel’s virtual suggestion box.
Professional Development Courses
All courses scheduled between March 16, 2020 and May 13, 2020 have been canceled. Your full payment will be refunded or credited based on the original method of payment. If you pre-paid for all courses in a certificate, we will cancel your course registration and request you contact us to transfer to a new section of the impacted class at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this causes, and we hope that you can find a future course offering that fits your schedule.
For cancellation or transfer inquiries related to professional development courses, we encourage you to email email@example.com and a representative will follow up with you.
Between March 16, 2020 and April 1, 2020, we will continue to hold classes at our scheduled time, but they will be offered virtually instead of face-to-face. Please do not report to your classroom during class times; rather, please log in from your home, office or any quiet location with reliable internet.
All courses between March 12, 2020 and May 13, 2020 have been canceled. Your full payment will be refunded or credited based on the original method of payment. In many cases, these courses have been rescheduled for summer or fall. Check the LearningLife website for both rescheduled and new courses.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-625-2900.
- Of Dogs, Dinosaurs, Elephants, and Kids: Demystifying (and Curing) Cancer - canceled. Please join us when Dr. Modiano presents as part of Headliners during our forthcoming season.
- Xenophobia in America: How We Got Here and What’s at Stake - canceled. Please join us when Dr. Lee presents as part of Headliners during our forthcoming season.
- Minnesota Airports Conference - canceled
- Coating Process Fundamentals Short Course - canceled. We hope to offer it later in 2020.
- Minnesota County Highway Accountants Conference - canceled.
- Minnesota Dairy Health Conference - canceled. We hope to offer it this summer.
- Gravel Roads Design and Maintenance - canceled
- Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day - canceled
- Seal-Coat Operations and Micro/Slurry Surfacing - canceled
- Shade Tree Short Course - postponed until July 28 and 29, 2020. We will hold your registration for the July dates. If you are unable to attend this summer, please send us an email to request a full refund to email@example.com. Your full payment will be refunded or credited based on the original method of payment.
- Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Training courses - postponed
All in-person OLLI courses and SIGs are canceled. We are talking to course leaders to see if they can offer some virtual learning opportunities during this time.
CCAPS faculty can find more information on these websites.
- CCAPS Faculty Resources | A guide to using basic online instruction tools
- Keep Teaching with Canvas | Support for moving your course materials and activities online
- Academic Planning FAQ | Answers from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
- The Libraries | Library services and resources to help faculty as they transition to alternative instruction
PSEO and CIS Students
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
The U of M Twin Cities PSEO program extended its academic year 2020-21 application deadline (postmark) to May 15. All application materials must have a May 15 postmark or be electronically submitted to the PSEO office by May 15 at 11:59 pm. Late materials will not be accepted. Admission decisions will be sent on June 26.
Visit the COVID-19 UMTC PSEO Impact website with information on how to submit application materials electronically, a link to the application instructions, how to contact the PSEO office, and other important information.
College in the Schools
Information to come soon.