The future of your organization depends on an educated workforce. A knowledgeable staff fuels innovation and productivity.
The College offers professional development courses designed to help your organization reach its full potential by developing practical knowledge and skills that can readily be applied in the workplace.
Working on the Right Solution with You
As your educational partner, we bring the expertise of the U of M directly to your workplace. Course curricula can be quickly customized to fit your company’s unique needs and conveniently delivered on-site or on campus.
You can customize our courses to address specific needs you are facing, identify instructors whose experience aligns with your industry, and schedule classes at your convenience. Typically, on-site training is more cost-effective than sending the comparable number of employees to open enrollment classes.
To simplify the process, you can start by contacting one of our client managers to describe what you are looking for. Client managers serve as a single point of contact to reduce touch points and ensure a quality experience. Here's how the process works:
Consultation and Needs Analysis
- Review organizational challenges and needs
- Determine areas of educational focus
Exploration of Educational Options
- Choose from our comprehensive portfolio of professional development courses.
- Create new courses and curriculum that addresses your organizational challenges.
- Mix and match or customize curricula to quickly meet your goals.
- Choose individual courses or a series of courses as a certificate program.
- Courses can be delivered on-site at your location for the utmost in convenience.
- Courses can be held at the U of M's Continuing Education and Conference Center on the Saint Paul campus for an off-site professional learning environment.
- Courses can be delivered online.
- Courses can be delivered in any combination of the above to meet multiple needs.
- Program effectiveness is measured through participant, management, and instructor feedback.
- Additional assessments are also available to address your specific measurement goals.
Buy a block of seats for your organization today and decide later which employees to register. Continuing Professional Education offers convenient courses and dates to help your organization develop your workforce. Take advantage of discounts up to 35 percent off regular open enrollment fees.
Past Clients & Testimonials
The College has facilitated successful training programs for a variety of Minnesota organizations, including:
|American Medical Systems, Inc.||Northern Tier Energy|
Nova Tech Engineering LLC
|CHS, Inc.||Pearson VUE|
|City of Saint Paul||Pentair|
|Ecolab||Prime Therapeutics LLC|
|Internet Broadcasting Systems Inc.||RMS Company|
|Kemps||Searles Valley Minerals Operations, Inc.|
|MOM Brands||State of Minnesota|
|Minneapolis Institute of Arts||Target|
|National Marrow Donor Program||UCare|
“Each training exceeded my expectations in terms of quality, performance, and experience of the trainers who work with adult learners. Not only was the content presented well, but the trainers knew how to engage difficult and hard-to-reach employees. I hope to always use CCAPS for our future trainings. Plus, I really appreciated the level of customer service you provide in addition to the other amenities. It really felt like an added luxury.”
“I attended the College of Continuing and Professional Studies professional development program 'Negotiating for Agreement.' I absolutely loved the course and learned significantly more than what I was anticipating. I thoroughly enjoyed the instructor, the content, and was able to establish connections with the other attendees. I will most certainly be recommending courses through your continuing education program at the University of Minnesota for all of our employee developmental needs.”
“Even though I have attended other 'improvement' classes, I felt that the Successful Manager’s Leadership Program exercises really helped me gain insight on things to work on. The instructors were very knowledgeable and I felt they know what we deal with in our positions.”