The purpose of the College of Continuing and Professional Studies is to inspire and serve an expanding population of learners in all stages of life. We are guided by five core values: Access, Learning, Inclusivity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
We are committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive environment in every work and learning space—on campus, online, and in the community—that recognizes and celebrates differences.
We are committed to overcoming systemic barriers and implicit biases to ensure that everyone here has the opportunity to thrive.
These commitments require us to:
- build trust among our students, faculty, staff, and partners
- cultivate a student body, staff, and faculty that reflect a globally inclusive society
- remove barriers and create pathways to lifelong learning
- weave inclusive practices into all of our shared work
- acknowledge our vulnerabilities and empower one another to engage in ongoing conversations
We recognize that the needs of our community will evolve, and we need to keep evolving, too. We know we can always do better.
U of M Resources
- Aurora Center for Advocacy and Education
- Bias Response Referral Network
- Boreas Leadership Institute
- Career and Internship Services
- Circle of Indigenous Nations
- Disability Resource Center
- Foot washing stations: 200-6 Mayo Building and 208 Coffman Union on the East Bank; and room 16 in the St. Paul Student Center
- Gender Neutral Restrooms (click on the circle Inclusivity icon)
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life
- Graduate School Diversity Office
- Improving Campus Climate
- Lactation Resources
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
- Nutritious U Pantry
- Office for Equity and Diversity
- Pet Away Worry and Stress (PAWS)
- Veterans Services
- Women’s Center