Upskill Your Workforce
A knowledgeable staff fuels innovation and drives productivity. The College of Continuing and Professional Studies can bring the expertise of the U of M to you with a wide range of training options that can help your organization and employees reach their full potential.
Offering more than 90 individual professional development courses, 13 certificates, and six boot camps, CCAPS offers numerous flexible training and business solutions to meet your employee or management training needs. Our professional development programs are designed to help managers, supervisors, and staff members develop practical knowledge and skills that can be readily applied in the workplace.
"Each training exceeded my expectations in terms of quality, performance, and experience of the trainers who work with adult learners."
— Employee Development Client
Client Success Story
Benefits of Employee Development
Professional development is a win-win for an organization and its employees alike. Continuing education and training has been shown to:
- Improve employee engagement.
Employees who learn new skills alongside their peers feel a sense of camaraderie and accomplishment.
- Give organizations a competitive advantage in a crowded marketplace.
Knowledgeable and skilled employees help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Boost employee recruitment and retention.
Employees want to work in an environment that encourages and supports growth and learning.
- Help organizations keep pace with changes in the industry.
Continuing education enables employees to quickly adopt the latest technologies.
- Attract high-quality talent.
Job seekers consider employee training and development a major benefit.
“It’s a great time to invest in employee development. The Project Management Certificate cohort we just completed contributed so much to employees feeling engaged and cared for. It’s much easier to organize cohorts than you think it is—the CCAPS team makes it so easy!"
— Employee Development Client
Areas of Study
How Our Partnership Works
We’ll make it our mission to help you achieve your organizational goals. After listening to your needs, our team will work with you to identify and deliver a certificate or custom-selection of courses to meet your learning and development needs. Our employee development programs include:
Exploration of Educational Options
- Together, we'll review your employee development needs to determine which certificate programs or courses best meet your needs.
- Choose from our comprehensive portfolio of 13 certificate programs and more than 90 professional development courses.
- Select one of our established certificate programs with a predefined set of courses, or mix and match to create a customized curriculum.
For your convenience, the College’s professional development courses can be conducted in a variety of formats:
- on-site at your location.
- at the U of M.
- any combination of the above.
- Program effectiveness is measured through participant and instructor feedback, as well as management follow-up reports.
- All reports and feedback are closely monitored and shared with you.
Look Under the Hood
If you'd like to get a peek at the classroom experience, watch one of our free webinars.
Contact a Client Manager
Call 612-624-3044 | Send a message