- Teaching with Writing: Offers a variety of resources to support faculty teaching with writing, including consultations, workshops, and example materials
- Resources for Multilingual Students: Includes phrases to use in university-level writing, American English, how-to's on professional and academic writing, and on-campus departments for support
- Voices of Minnesota’s Multilingual Writers: Multilingual writers at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities share their insights about learning to write American academic English
Training and Support
- International Teaching Assistant Program: The International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Program offers training and support to nonnative English speakers who teach courses and undertake other instructional responsibilities at the University of Minnesota.
- Surviving Group Projects Tutorial: teamwork.umn.edu delivers research-based teamwork strategies and tools that faculty can use to support students in group work.
- A Faculty Guide to Team Projects: A range of resources provided for instructors to support team projects in their classes.
Research at the U of M
The Global Programs and Strategy Alliance (GPS Alliance) is the driving force for the University of Minnesota in globalizing teaching, learning, research, and engagement.
- Staff, faculty, and student focus group perspectives around Supporting Non-Native English Speakers at the University of Minnesota
- U of M faculty and staff survey responses around Supporting Non-Native English Speakers at the University of Minnesota
- Tools and strategies for internationalizing the curriculum
- Recent U of M research highlighting key studies on undergraduate international students
- International Student Experiences in Online Learning Post COVID-19
- Supporting International Students: Resources and workshops for faculty and staff
- ESL Resources for Students: Print and share this convenient hand-out
- Bimonthly Emails: Intended to help keep the principles of universal instructional design at the forefront of teaching. For more information, contact Margaret Kelly at CEHD: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the material and resources found on this site, please email LeeAnne Godfrey at email@example.com.