Anyone can take credit courses at the University of Minnesota, regardless of whether or not you are in a degree or certificate program. No applications or transcripts required.
As a non-degree or guest student, you'll enjoy access to many University resources, including academic advising. If you are a Minnesota resident over 62 years of age, you can audit or take a U of M course for reduced tuition through the Senior Citizen Education Program (SCEP).
Find a Course
Use the One Stop Schedule Builder tool to find a course on the Twin Cities campus.
To conduct a course search:
- Select a term
- Click on Class Search at the top left (under Log in)
- Under the Class Search menu, select Days and Times
- Select days and times
- Students not admitted to a program: Visit One Stop's non-degree/guest student registration page for instructions.
- Once you know which course you'd like to take, make sure to activate your student record.
- Take note that there are different activation steps for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Obtain a U Card. They aren't required, but you will need one to access many resources on campus.
|Term||Admitted Students||Students Not Admitted|
|Spring 2019||Nov. 13, 2018||Dec. 7, 2018|
|Summer 2019||March 7, 2019||March 14, 2019|
|Fall 2019||April 11, 2019||May 3, 2019|
Registrations are generally accepted for open courses until a few days after the start of the term. See the U's academic calendar for details.
Billing and Payment
When your billing statement is ready, you'll receive an email (at your University email account). Your billing shows all charges (tuition, fees, bookstore, etc.) to your Student Account and due dates.
Non-degree/guest students are required to pay all tuition and fees by the University’s first payment date for the current term. If you are a non-degree student who does not pay, your registration for the current term may be canceled. If you are canceled from a class(es) for nonpayment, contact One Stop Student Services to re-register.
Our advisers are available to help you with course selection and registration. You can reach us at:
612-624-4000 or 800-234-6564 | email@example.com
In-Person Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Phone Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in Advising Hours: 10 a.m.−1 p.m., Monday-Friday