All boot camps will be held virtually until further notice. To learn about the online class environment, see the Online Courses FAQ. For the latest information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please see the Safe Campus website.
- Date: March 9, 2021
- Program Length: Part time, 24 weeks
- Schedule: Evenings and weekends
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming webinar "New Year, New Career" on December 10.
FinTech (financial technology) has changed the way businesses and consumers access their finances, disrupting traditional financial and banking industries. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing programming, machine learning, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
The University of Minnesota FinTech Certificate Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that teaches you how to automate and improve financial services using cutting-edge technology.
Throughout the course, you will gain experience with a host of popular tools and methods used in the financial sector. You will understand how they are leveraged within financial fields like insurance and investment banking and learn the best practices for using these skills to add value to your organization.
In this intensive 24-week course you'll:
- develop skills in Python programming, financial libraries, machine-learning algorithms, Solidity smart contracts, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.*
- learn cutting-edge tools and technologies used in the modern financial services sector.
- build a portfolio of work that demonstrates your real-world experience using the technologies you’ll master in this program.
- benefit from a wide range of career services designed to help you advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
* The material covered in this course is subject to change in response to market demand.
No programming or finance experience is required; however we recommend that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.