- For: Anyone seeking graduate school admission and needing to prepare for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or TOEFL
- Cost: $255–$625
- Credits: No U of M credits
- Location: Classroom or online
Gain the upper hand on the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or TOEFL with grad school test prep courses from the University of Minnesota.
Test prep courses help you determine your readiness for the actual exam and pinpoint those areas on which you should focus your study. Course benefits include:
- a university-quality course at a moderate price
- a course format designed to accommodate working adult schedules
- knowledgeable instructors, averaging more than 10 years of experience teaching test prep courses
Learn test-taking strategies to prepare for the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the GMAT. This course will help you:
- optimize your score on the GMAT
- learn proven methods for dealing with each type of question
- work with test simulation exercises
Enjoy expert instruction and personalized feedback on practice exercises. Your tuition includes three GMAT prep texts, a web tool that simulates the GMAT test environment and scoring, and supplemental handouts.
Visit the MBA website for the most up-to-date information on the GMAT test.
Optimize your score on the GRE through proven test-taking strategies and simulation exercises.
Five half-day classes are taught by math, verbal, and writing experts, who guide you through strategies and exercises and provide personalized feedback on your writing. Your tuition includes GRE prep materials.
This accelerated program is designed to speed up your study time! The first session is a four-hour proctored exam. The following two sessions will be full day classes, one on the verbal and writing sections, and the other on the quantitative section of the GRE. Your tuition includes GRE prep materials.
Learn test-taking strategies to prepare for the LSAT. This course will help you:
- optimize your score on the LSAT
- learn proven methods for dealing with each question type on the LSAT
- work with test simulation exercises and gain confidence in your test-taking abilities
Your tuition includes:
- LSAT prep text and supplemental handouts
- “retired” LSAT tests and answer explanations
- a Web tool that simulates the LSAT test environment and scoring
Related link: Law School Admission Council's website.
Do you need extra help in math to prepare for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)? Review the math fundamentals pertinent to your exam with a U of M math instructor. Gain intensive math practice, guidance, and test taking strategies. Tuition includes a practice book and supplemental materials.
How do you know if you need a refresher? Take a free pretest for the GMAT / GRE.
Learn important test-taking skills to prepare to take the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This intensive course guides you through a review of the four skills assessed on the exam (reading, written expression, listening, and speaking) to help you succeed.
While this preparation course focuses on TOEFL, the review offered during the course is also useful if you are preparing for the paper-based TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB exams.
- Jan. 16-March 5, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:40−6:35 p.m.
- March 19-May 4, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:40−6:35 p.m.
- June 25-August 10, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:40−6:35 p.m.
- September 4-October 22, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:40−6:35 p.m.
- October 23 - December 12, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:40−6:35 p.m.