Poster Session Monday, April 30
The conference organizing committee welcomes abstracts that feature high-quality conceptual, qualitative, or quantitative research. Abstracts will be evaluated based on the significance and quality of the research question, research design, methods, data, findings, and implications for theory and practice. Abstracts from individuals at all career stages are welcome.
The conference theme is "Science and Policy at the Interface of Environment, Agriculture, and Medicine." Consider the following topics:
- Agriculture, Nutrition, and Health (including Food Security, Protection, and Safety)
- Comparative Medicine, Animal Health, and Disease
- Ecosystem/Environmental Health and Sustainability
- Global Health Diplomacy
- Global Health Security Agenda
- Infectious Disease Spread and Health
- One Health—Science Communication, Ethics, Policy, Evaluation, and Education
- Precision Medicine, Gene Editing, and Ethics
- Social, Economic, and Cultural Determinants of Health
Instructions for Submitting an Abstract
- Submit your abstract here.
- Follow the instructions on the submission form.
A person may submit multiple abstracts (including both single-authored and coauthored posters).
All abstracts must be submitted no later than January 30, 2018. Presenting authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted by February 28, 2018.
Please include the following:
- Brief Introduction
- Methods (for research)
- Results and Conclusions (for research)
Note: For “Non-experimental or program related” abstracts, we suggest describing the topic focus and its significance.
Poster presenters must register for the conference in order to participate. Except for travel awards and complimentary registration for selected individuals, no other support (food, lodging, etc.) is available for poster presenters.
A very limited number of travel awards, with preference for students and trainees, will be available for selected abstracts. These awards will only be for reimbursement of airfare to and from the conference and will have a maximum value up to $1,000 for international participants and up to $750 for domestic participants. Please note the application at the end of the online Abstract Submission form.
If granted, travel awards will be made by check upon arrival at the conference, if deadlines for submission of purchase receipts are met. Checks will be mailed to awardees who submit receipts after the deadline. Some travel award applicants not selected for a travel award may be chosen to receive complimentary conference registration.