- Dates: March 4—May 10, 2019
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 continuing education units (CEUs)
- Cost: $4,050 for certificate
- Delivery method: Fully online, instructor led
- Schedule: 10 consecutive weeks, with synchronous and asynchronous activities led by an instructor
- Customized Training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "The Psychology of Change for Project Managers" presented on March 14.
This fully online noncredit certificate program prepares you to work as an instructional designer in a changing technology landscape. You’ll learn relevant theories of adult learning, interaction design, and multimedia learning within a practical, authentic framework. You’ll study both traditional and contemporary instructional design models while gaining hands-on experience with real-world design challenges.
By the end of the program, you’ll have developed a professional statement that describes your philosophy and practice, and what it’s like to work with you. You’ll be invigorated with new ideas for ways to provide interactive experiences online, including at least two portfolio-quality instructional artifacts.
By the end of this certificate program, participants will be equipped to:
- describe instructional design models and learning theories and frameworks and be able to apply learning theories and principles in instructional designs
- evaluate digital technologies and methods for distance learning, including contemporary trends in eLearning design
- design inclusive, accessible, effective online training experiences that align with business and learning outcomes
- reimagine existing face-to-face training for fully online delivery.
|Online Certificate Program Overview (60 contact hours)||Schedule|
|Introduction to eLearning||Week 1|
|How Learning Works||Week 2|
|Distance Learning and Adults||Week 3|
|Content Wrangling and Information Design||Week 4|
|Multimedia Learning Theory||Week 5|
|User Experience||Week 6|
|Motivation and Storytelling||Week 7|
|Assessment and Evaluation||Week 8|
|Project Management||Week 9|
|Leadership/Emotional Intelligence||Week 10|
Note: Course participants should register themselves. After you register, we'll email your confirmation along with a username and password to use throughout the course. Registrations are not transferable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I register for the course?
Participants should register themselves in online registration.
How do I log in to the online course?
A week before the course you will receive a username and password to use throughout the course that will give you access to the site and tools.
How long does it take to complete this certificate program?
You have ten weeks from the listed start date to complete this certificate. There are both self-paced and synchronous activities in this course, meaning that you will need to schedule some time to work with a learning partner in the course, and some of the activities can be completed at your own pace.
Didn't see an answer to your question? Try looking here.