Most in-person professional development courses through December 31st have been moved online. A small selection of courses will be offered in-person. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,640, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5-6 (4 required, 1-2 elective courses)
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
This certificate is ideal for managers who want to achieve team success and drive bottom line performance. Improve critical thinking, communication, and leadership in addition to managerial skills in this dynamic program.
- Facilitate interventions to improve your teams
- Coach individuals to peak performance
- Make data-driven decisions
- Be able to take on higher-level job responsibilities and qualify for managerial assignments.
Video: Management Practices Course Testimonials
Management Practices Certificate Courses
|Required courses (48 contact hours)
Listed in recommended sequence
|Management Essentials for Success - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|Develop Leadership Skills - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|Strategic Planning and Measurement - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|In-Depth Coaching: Lead Individual Change Interventions - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|Elective courses - choose 1 or 2 for 12 contact hours||Cost|
|Lead Successful Team Intervention Strategies - Online Option (12 hours)||$845|
|Successfully Lead Enterprise-Wide Change Management - Online Option (12 hours)||$845|
|Business Storytelling with Intention - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Financial Intelligence - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Negotiate for Agreement - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Leading Change, Transitions and People - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Emotional Intelligence - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.