Virtual courses are currently under consideration. If classes become available online we will update this web site; for announcements please sign up for updates at the bottom of this page. You can still register for in-person courses that begin May 14th or later—check out courses below for upcoming dates.
- Cost: $3,640, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5-6 (4 required, 1-2 elective courses)
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars or sit in on "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" on March 19 at noon.
This certificate is ideal for managers who want to achieve team success and drive bottom line performance. Improve critical thinking, communication, and leadership in addition to managerial skills in this dynamic program.
- Facilitate interventions to improve your teams
- Coach individuals to peak performance
- Make data-driven decisions
- Be able to take on higher-level job responsibilities and qualify for managerial assignments.
Video: Management Practices Course Testimonials
Management Practices Certificate Courses
|Required courses (48 contact hours)
Listed in recommended sequence
|Management Essentials for Success (12 hours)||$800|
|Develop Leadership Skills (12 hours)||$800|
|Strategic Planning and Measurement (12 hours)||$800|
|In-Depth Coaching: Lead Individual Change Interventions (12 hours)||$800|
|Elective courses - choose 1 or 2 for 12 contact hours||Cost|
|Lead Successful Team Intervention Strategies (12 hours)||$845|
|Successfully Lead Enterprise-Wide Change Management (12 hours)||$845|
|Business Storytelling with Intention (6 hours)||$420|
|Financial Intelligence (6 hours)||$420|
|Negotiate for Agreement (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals (6 hours)||$420|
|Leading Change, Transitions and People (6 hours)||$420|
|Emotional Intelligence (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.