- Dates: July 31–August 1, 2019
- Program: View online
- Proposals: Proposal submitters have been notified. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Registration: Now open! Register by July 13 to lock in the best rates!
- For: Educators in K12, blended, and higher education
- Connect: On Twitter: #mnsummit2019
Open. Online. Opportunity.
Calling all innovators in the field of learning and technology! Join us for the revitalized 2019 Minnesota Summit on Learning and Technology, the premier gathering place for K−12, college, and university teachers, faculty, program and IT administrators, and staff.
As technology in education has become an integral part of the learning environment, more questions arise. This year, the Summit is encouraging exploration and conversation of complex questions, and a deeper look into the future role that technology will play in the teaching and learning landscape. This conference, formerly known as the Minnesota eLearning Summit, is back in 2019 with new emphasis on pedagogy and teaching and new technologies and will feature presentation styles that inspire innovation and curiosity.
What to expect
- 250+ K−12, college, and university teachers, faculty, program and IT administrators, and staff
- Optional preconference workshops and tours that will provide participants with an in-depth or first-hand look into hot topics or campus spaces
- About 40 concurrent breakout sessions including round tables and Edcamp conversations
- Presentations for all skill levels, including experienced educators and those new to digital learning
- Exhibitors showcasing the latest resources and tech solutions
- Opportunities to network with professional colleagues
- Certificate of attendance for CEUs
Keynote Presentation 9:30−10:30 Aug. 1
The Promise and Possibility of Human-Centered Learning Environments
Over the past century, much of the modern educational system has been built on values like standardization, efficiency, quantification, mechanization, and applied scientific knowledge. Each of these continues to play an important role in modern education and society, yet none is capable of drawing learners into meaning-rich, authentic, engaging, and transformative learning experiences. For that, we must learn from the best of ancient knowledge and modern research. With this in mind, Dr. Bull draws from his study of hundreds of learning organizations and environments to offer insight on what he calls "human-centered learning-experience design." This is an invitation to innovations in teaching and learning, built on traits like adventure, learner agency, compassion, experimentation, mastery, meaning, and wonder.
2019 Summit Registration Fees
Regular Registration: $299
Subsidized Registration Rates
Subsidized registration rates are available for groups of three or more University of Minnesota attendees, Minnesota State attendees, and K−12-affiliated attendees. Subsidies are provided by these partner entities. Subsidies for University of Minnesota presenters, Minnesota State attendees, and K−12-affiliated attendees are available within the online system. If you are a group of three or more University of Minnesota employees from the same unit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of the subsidy.
Use the online registration when paying with a credit card. After registering online you will receive “Registration Confirmation” and “Receipt” emails from email@example.com (you may want to check your Spam folder if you don’t see these in your inbox).
If you encounter errors accessing your guest account, please select “reset password” below or contact the University of Minnesota’s technology help line at 612-301-4357. Be sure to mention that you are using a guest account for accurate service.
Need to register using a check or purchase order?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper registration form when you are registering with a check or purchase order. Please note, we are unable to accept paper forms with credit card information on them.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you cancel your registration by July 19, a refund—minus $30—will be issued. Cancellations after July 19 will not be eligible for a refund; however, we may be able to substitute a colleague in your place. Please email email@example.com to cancel your registration, or fax a request to 612-624-5359.