- Oral and Poster Submission Deadline: Friday, May 3 - submit yours today!
- Abstract formats: 20-minute oral presentations (15 minutes of presentation time and 5 minutes for Q&A and transition); posters, including pop-up poster presentations; and special sessions. Details below.
- New this Year: The conference will also solicit brief pop-up presentations from accepted poster presenters.
- Special Session: Special session proposals are also being accepted. Please submit your idea and brief suggested format and description to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12.
- Objectives and results of the research, policy, implementation plan, or project
- Engineering approaches or techniques of project implementation
- Brief summary of methodologies used in the study or project
- Results of the project and expected completion date
Abstract submitters will be able to select from the following presentation formats:
The traditional conference presentation format: 15 minutes of presentation time and 5 minutes for Q&A and transition. Presentations will be included in a session of four presentations that center around a common topic, theme, or thread. Some oral presentations may be invited to present as part of a special session depending on the selected topic area.
Posters, including pop-up poster presentations
Poster presenters receive a 4’x4’ poster space available through the entire conference. The conference will also solicit brief pop-up presentations from accepted poster presenters. Pop-up presentations are two-minute "advertisements" for your poster, presented in the concurrent sessions, and are intended to garner increased interest and engagement with your poster and the poster session in general (see the tips sheet for more details and samples). When submitting a poster abstract you will have the option to indicate your willingness to present a pop-up on your poster.
Special sessions fall outside of the format of a traditional session of four selected oral presentations. Whether it’s one hour-and-a-half time block or two, these sessions typically cover deep dives into specific, timely topics or provide a multi-disciplinary approach. Note that the deadline for special sessions is Tuesday, March 12 in order to give the committee ample time to review and connect with submitters to discuss the next steps in developing the session. Questions and submissions should be submitted to email@example.com.
Topics of Interest
- Agricultural Water Issues
- Aquatic Biota
- Climate Change
- Contaminants of Emerging Concern
- Drinking Water/Water Supply
- Education and Citizen Involvement
- Emerging Issues
- Engineering Solutions and Applications
- Green Infrastructure
- Innovative Technologies
- Invasive Species
- Low Impact Development
- Rivers, Streams, and Floodplains
- Standards and Management
- Social Science/Human Dimensions
- Water Resource Sustainability
- Water Reuse
NOTE: All accepted concurrent session and poster presenters and co-presenters are required to register and pay registration fees in order to present at the conference.