Practical Skills for Public Works Professionals
This certificate will focus on the management of local public works organizations and operations. The course material will be delivered by public works professionals. This program is designed to further your understanding of:
- organization and functions of public works and public works professionals.
- technical functions undertaken by public works professionals, with emphasis on roadway design, construction, and maintenance.
- advanced concepts in public works operations and maintenance.
- effective creation and delivery of workplace and technical documents.
The Public Works Certificate is offered in collaboration with the American Public Works Association—Minnesota Chapter. Those who finish all five courses will be awarded a certificate of completion from APWA.
Students are allowed one absence per class. A second absence from the class will require the student to satisfactorily complete make-up work assigned by the course instructor. A third absence will result in failure of the class.
Public Works Management and Communication
Delve into all aspects of management and communication crucial to public works leaders.
- Sept. 7-Nov. 9, 2021 | Classroom
Public Works Operations and Maintenance
- Sept. 8-Nov. 10 2021 | Classroom
Office and Professional Skills for Public Works
- Sept. 9-Nov. 11 2021 | Classroom
Public Works Organization and Administration
Get familiar with the administration and operation of a public works department.
- Feb. 15-Apr. 19 2022 | Classroom