- Cost: $195 early-bird and $225 after September 4
- Credits: 8 IRS-approved continuing credit hours
- Dates: Sept 24 and Oct 28 (see locations and register below)
- For: Anyone beginning their career in tax preparation
This intensive one-day introduction to tax return preparation is an ideal opportunity to introduce tax practices and train incoming personnel for the upcoming tax season. You will:
- delve into federal form 1040
- learn how to obtain an IRS PTIN
- earn 8 of 10 hours of additional federal tax law topics required for the Annual Filing Season Program.
7:30 a.m. Registration begins
8:00 a.m. Workshop begins
Refreshments and lunch are included
5:00 p.m. Workshop ends
Workshop topics include:
- Introduction to federal tax form 1040
- Filing status
- Income—taxable or not?
- Income reporting
- Adjustments to income
- Expenses—deductible or not?
- Tax payments
- Introduction to Schedules C, E, and F
- Ordinary vs. capital gains income
- Casualty losses
- IRS issues
Debra Yerys is an IRS-enrolled agent, an Accredited Retirement Adviser, and an experienced income tax preparation instructor. She is the owner of an income tax service and a Rutgers University graduate.
Rob Holcomb has been a University of Minnesota Extension educator in agricultural business management since October 2004. He works on the development and delivery of programs in the areas of farm business and risk management with emphasis on farm analysis and farm tax issues.
Changes and Cancellations
Need to change dates or locations? Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least six days prior to the course.
If you cancel your registration at least five business days before the course start date, we'll issue a refund minus $30. No refunds will be given after the five business days before the course start date. You may cancel your registration via:
Still have questions? Give us a call! 612-624-4000