1. Meet with an ICP adviser. At this meeting your adviser will give you a copy of the ICP Program Approval Form that provides referrals to faculty/departmental advisers.
Note: The course information on the second page of the ICP Program Approval Form is left blank at this point, to be filled in during step 3 below.
2. Schedule an appointment with each faculty/departmental adviser that you were referred to. Gather the following documents so that you will have them ready to bring to each appointment:
- Your written degree proposal. (Some advisers will want to see a copy of your proposal in advance. Check with each adviser when you make the appointment.)
- Your transcript. (An unofficial copy is fine.)
- The original ICP Program Approval Form that you received from your ICP adviser.
3. Meet with each faculty/departmental adviser, bringing the three items listed in step 2 to each meeting. At these meetings:
- The adviser will review your proposal to ensure that it is appropriate.
- Either you or the adviser will fill in the course information on the second page of the ICP Program Approval Form. (Your ICP adviser will explain this step more fully.)
- The adviser will sign the ICP Program Approval Form. (Don't forget this; it is required.)
Note: Make sure you have the adviser's signature on your original copy of the ICP Program Approval Form before you leave each appointment.
4. Schedule an appointment with your ICP adviser by calling 612-624-4000.
5. Meet with your ICP adviser after you have obtained all the faculty/departmental advisers' signatures, bringing the following items to the meeting:
- The original ICP Program Approval Form, signed by you and the faculty/departmental adviser
- A copy of your final degree proposal
If you have any questions, please contact your ICP adviser.
After completing the above steps successfully, you will receive a letter stating that you have attained major status within ICP.