1. Meet with an ICP advisor. At this meeting your advisor will give you a copy of the ICP Program Approval Form that provides referrals to faculty/departmental advisors.
Note: The course information on the second page of the ICP Program Approval Form is left blank at this point, to be filled in during step 3 below.
2. Schedule an appointment with each faculty/departmental advisor that you were referred to. Gather the following documents so that you will have them ready to bring to each appointment:
- Your written degree proposal. (Some advisors will want to see a copy of your proposal in advance. Check with each advisor when you make the appointment.)
- Your transcript. (An unofficial copy is fine.)
- The original ICP Program Approval Form that you received from your ICP advisor.
3. Meet with each faculty/departmental advisor, bringing the three items listed in step 2 to each meeting. At these meetings:
- The advisor will review your proposal to ensure that it is appropriate.
- Either you or the advisor will fill in the course information on the second page of the ICP Program Approval Form. (Your ICP advisor will explain this step more fully.)
- The advisor will sign the ICP Program Approval Form. (Don't forget this; it is required.)
Note: Make sure you have the advisor's signature on your original copy of the ICP Program Approval Form before you leave each appointment.
4. Schedule an appointment with your ICP advisor by calling 612-624-4000.
5. Meet with your ICP advisor after you have obtained all the faculty/departmental advisors' signatures, bringing the following items to the meeting:
- The original ICP Program Approval Form, signed by you and the faculty/departmental advisor
- A copy of your final degree proposal
If you have any questions, please contact your ICP advisor.
After completing the above steps successfully, you will receive a letter stating that you have attained major status within ICP.