Apply ByFall: March 15 | Spring: November 15
Keep Our Food Safe
Are you involved in the process of getting a new food product on the shelves? Do you play a role in how foods are made, processed, marketed, or distributed to the public? Then you'll need up-to-date food regulatory training.
The right food regulatory affairs knowledge ensures that what we eat is safe and meets policy standards. Whether you work in the government sector, an international organization, or a corporation, this certificate will prepare you to find solutions to modern food industry problems—and keep us all safer.
Why Choose Our Regulatory Affairs Certificate?
The Regulatory Affairs for Food Professionals Certificate is:
- Career-boosting. Become a valuable team member by improving your company’s food product portfolio.
- Timely. Learn the latest guidelines from expert faculty who are leaders in the field.
- Accessible. Our fully online certificate is open to qualified applicants from around the world.
- Relevant. Understand regulations at every step of a food product’s life from development to launch.
Stack Your Credentials
The Regulatory Affairs for Food Professionals certificate can be stacked with another graduate-level certificate to earn the Applied Sciences Leadership master's. You can earn one, two, or all three credentials. Watch the video to learn more.
Regulatory Affairs for Food Professionals Certificate OR Poultry Health Certificate
Six Synthesizing Credits
All four courses are offered online.
- Regulatory Affairs for Food Product Development and Market Entry (AScL 6212)
- Regulatory Affairs for Food Production and Distribution (AScL 6213)
- Regulatory Affairs for Food Claims and Labeling (AScL 6214)
- Landmark Food Cases Shifting Regulatory Policy (AScL 6215)
Regulatory Affairs for Food Professionals faculty are experienced leaders in scientific and management fields.
Fall Application Deadline: March 15
Spring Application Deadline: November 15
We strive to be fair in the admissions process. Our program thrives when we have students from different backgrounds and cultural experiences. The admissions committee looks at all the pieces of your application to ensure that you will be successful in the program. We do not require standardized test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
You will receive an admission decision four to six weeks after the application deadline. If you have questions about admission requirements, or would like advice on how to gather your application materials, please contact admissions advisor Steve Wicks.
We welcome applications from students who have:
- bachelor's degree in the broader science disciplines from an accredited post-secondary US institution or its foreign equivalent
- an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00*
* If you have a GPA lower than 3.00, please include an explanation in the extenuating circumstances part of your professional statement.
- An online application
- A professional statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- An application fee
Ready to take the next step?
Visit our Graduate Admissions page for details on English proficiency requirements.
Please note that because this program is delivered online, the University of Minnesota cannot grant Regulatory Affairs certificate students a student visa. International students should contact the International Student and Scholar Services for further information.
Program advisor Steve Wicks is happy to answer your questions about the Regulatory Affairs program and the application process.
Or you can give Steve a call at 612-301-6127.
Do you have a more detailed question or want to tell us a little bit about yourself before the meeting? Fill out this brief questionnaire.
Do you want to receive:
- snapshots of how other students put their education to work on the job?
- ideas about how to fund your program?
- career-boosting tips and inspiration?
- stories about key faculty?
- highlights on core courses?
- generally interesting news about the program?
You can sign up for periodic updates here and we'll deliver these and more right to your inbox.