Apply ByFall: March 15 | Spring: Oct 15
Why Earn a Human Sexuality Certificate?
For working counselors and clinicians, the Human Sexuality (HSex) certificate provides the latest research and insights to your practice. For educators and entrepreneurs, this program will add specialized knowledge to your toolkit.
We’re bringing much needed human sexuality education to a wider professional audience. Our HSex certificate is:
- Applicable. You’ll learn from experts who are currently working at the cutting edge of this field.
- Accessible. You can take the human sexuality certificate online over one academic year. Take courses that may not be offered at your home university or in your country.
- In-demand. Human sexuality courses are often left out of standard training for many related jobs.
- A career booster. You can earn a promotion or specialize your practice with expertise in this area.
What Is a Stackable Credential?
This certificate, stacked with either the Sex Therapy Certificate or Transgender and Gender Diverse Health Certificate, can be applied toward the Master of Professional Studies in Sexual Health degree. Watch the video to learn more.
Careers in Human Sexuality
Some jobs our graduates may hold include:*
- Health Educators
- Social Services Specialists
- Registered Nurse
- Community Health Specialist
- Community Managers
- Program Manager
- Youth Services Coordinator
* Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insights™, accessed 8/13/21
The Human Sexuality certificate was developed in partnership with the Institute for Sexual and Gender Health in the University of Minnesota Medical School. Each HSEX course is approved by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) for up to 35 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not guarantee AASECT certification. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Human Sexuality certificate consists of 12 credits of online coursework. Maintain a 2.8 cumulative GPA for all degree coursework to remain in good standing.
Required Courses (12 credits)
Human Sexuality faculty are experienced professionals working in the fields of sexuality and gender research, therapy, education, and policy.
Fall Application Deadline: March 15
Spring Application Deadline: October 15
We strive to be fair in the admissions process. Our program thrives when we have students from different backgrounds and cultural experiences. The admissions committee looks at all the parts of your application to ensure a good fit for academic success. We do not require standardized test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
If you have questions about admission requirements, or would like advice on how to gather your application materials, please contact admissions advisor Steve Wicks.
We welcome applications from students who have:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited post-secondary US institution or its foreign equivalent
- an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00*
* If your GPA is lower than 3.00, please provide an explanation in the extenuating circumstances part of your professional statement.
Your complete application will include:
- An online application
- A professional statement
- Two letters of recommendation (optional)
- College transcripts
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- English proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- An application fee
Ready to take the next step and start gathering your materials?
Graduate enrollment advisor Steve Wicks is happy to answer your questions about the Human Sexuality program and the application procedure.
Or you can give Steve a call at 612-301-6127.
Do you have a more detailed question or want to tell us a little bit about yourself before the meeting? Fill out this brief questionnaire.
Do you want to receive:
- snapshots of how other students put their education to work on the job?
- ideas about how to fund your program?
- career-boosting tips and inspiration?
- stories about key faculty?
- highlights on core courses?
- generally interesting news about the program?
You can sign up for periodic updates here and we'll deliver these and more right to your inbox.