About This Course
The National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) set forth domains of practice for health service executives. These domains of practice have been adopted by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators. This course covers the following domains of practice:
- Resident centered care and quality of life
- Leadership and management
- Core skills across all domains
Sample textbook: Pratt, John R., (2016-4th Edition). Long Term Care: Managing Across the Continuum.
PhD, social work, University of Minnesota; MS, gerontology, St. Cloud State University; and BA, psychology, College of Saint Scholastica
Rajean's experience includes working at the Minnesota state unit on aging and area agencies on aging, and leading Training to Serve and the Minnesota Leadership Council on Aging. He is currently the Faculty Director for Long Term Care Administration in the College of Continuing and Professional Studies and the Associate Director of Education for the Center for Healthy Aging & Innovation. Rajean is appointed to the Governor’s Council on an Age-Friendly Minnesota, the MN Association of Geriatrics Inspired Clinicians Board, and FamilyMeans Board. He is a Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America, a lifetime member of the Minnesota Gerontological Society, a McNair Scholar, and a Congressional/Health and Aging Policy Fellow. He also holds a Minnesota nursing home administrator’s license.
- HSM 4582 – Practicum in Long Term Care
- HSM 4583/6583 – LTC Supports and Services
- HSM 4584/6584 – LTC Health and Medical Needs
- HSM 4585/6585 – LTC Organizational Management
- HSM 4587/6587 – LTC Regulatory Management
- HSM 4588/6588 – LTC Quality Management and Performance Improvement
- HSM 4592/6592 – LTC Health Care Law
- HSM 4593/6593 – Gerontology for Health Care Managers