CostFor pricing, call 612-424-8605
Time to CompletePart-time, 24 weeks | Full-time, 12 weeks
Technology has transformed virtually every area of human activity—and you can be part of the digital revolution as a web development professional. The University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp is a Full Stack Flex curriculum that will equip you with the fundamental skills needed to become a full-stack web developer. You’ll stretch your knowledge to new limits, building dynamic end-to-end web applications, whether you choose the full-time (12 weeks) or part-time (24 weeks) program.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth by 2024.
— Bureau of Labor Statistics
In addition, the career services team provides students with the training and guidance needed for the job search. Through resume and social media profile support, industry speakers, portfolio reviews, career coaching, technical interview training, and more, you will be empowered to find the job that’s right for you.
By the time you complete the UMN coding boot camp, you should have the skills to:
- understand the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code.
- build front-end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks.
- create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods.
- generate dynamic content and implement user authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases—MySQL, MongoDB, and Firebase.
- develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding—source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- run through the entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings.