Welcome to the end of the Fall semester, CCAPS! Academic Technology and Design is writing with some tips and tricks for your Canvas course sites and further technological, media enriched, and pedagogical assistance for CCAPS courses.
- Submitting Grades & Incompletes: Course grades for all students should be submitted by Dec 29 @ 11:59 PM. For guidance on this process, explore the Academic Support Resources Due Dates for grades page.
- Student Rating of Teaching: Remind your students to complete the Student Ratings of Teaching (SRTs) through Canvas. The SRT link can be located in your Course Navigation panel. Read more about the SRT Process on the Office of Measurement Services website.
- Onboarding Self-Enrollment: CCAPS ATD offers a short course that includes an overview of Canvas and information on grading, communicating, and guiding your students throughout the semester as well as access to just-in-time instructional resources. While intended for new instructors, any instructor wishing to refresh their knowledge is welcome to self-enroll to join the Teaching Online for CCAPS Spring ‘23 Cohort. The course runs from Jan 16 - Feb 3.
- Requesting an ATD Consultation: Need to adjust a class before Spring? Instructors or Program Directors who wish to request an ATD Consultation on a course prior to the Spring ‘22 semester should submit requests no later than Dec 20, 2022 through the CCAPS-ATD Service Request form.
- Email Forwarding: Not teaching next semester? Don’t forget to forward your UMN Email to a personal address so you don’t miss any important news, attempts to contact you about course updates, or CCAPS-ATD Highlights!
Digital Accessibility Topic Articles
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important topic at the University of Minnesota. When working online there are things to consider in regards to making content equally accessible for all UMN students, staff and faculty. To help draw more awareness to digital accessibility, ATD is planning a series of articles on a specific topic in regards to digital accessibility and what you can do to help. Please read our short article, “Digital Accessibility Introduction”, to learn more.
FeedbackFruits is here!
The FeedbackFruits integration has arrived at the UMN! FeedbackFruits offers instructors the ability to incorporate robust peer feedback activities into Canvas course sites. Check out these videos talking about and demonstrating FeedbackFruits:
We are looking for instructors who are interested in using this tool in their course! Reach out to us through the CCAPS-ATD Request form if you want to work with an instructional designer to create assignments with FeedbackFruits in a new or redesigned course!