Your team members may have all the expertise in the world but if they're not motivated, it's unlikely that they'll achieve their true individual, team, or organizational potential. Motivation is the secret ingredient that energizes, maintains, and enhances team performance. A motivated team is more likely to maximize their discretionary efforts which will lead to higher engagement and ultimately higher performance.
In this webinar, you'll gain a clear understanding of what really drives team motivation when we:
- describe types of motivation.
- identify common team motivators and demotivators,
- implement the most effective methods to reignite motivation on your team.
- learn steps to maintain a motivational team climate.
Webinar presenter Nan Gesche, MA, is an educator, speaker, and coach who aims to “help people play well together.” She has guided organizations through change management, resiliency building, and conflict management for over 20 years.
Presented on September 13, 2023.
It’s much more fun to be on a motivated team!
- Leadership is a big driver of decline in motivation and increase in burnout.
- Keeping teams motivated improves job satisfaction and engagement, which leads to better productivity, less turnover and absenteeism, etc.
- Even organizations that have high compensation, great leave policies, support programs, can negatively impact motivation by failing to recognize and respect the contributions of their teams.
Managers and team leads are responsible for building relationships.
Managers and team leads can motivate each other. They create the conditions that create team motivation. People don’t tend to leave organizations; they leave managers. Key motivators are:
- respect & appreciation
- feeling heard
- satisfying, meaningful work
- career support/professional development
- money/compensation is rarely in the top 5
What can team leaders do to keep people engaged and motivated and productive?
It’s about helping people be their best selves. We are people being, not people doing. Even motivated people want and need elevating!
- Focus them: set clear goals.
- Get to know them: each team member is unique.
- Care about them: check in regularly, celebrate progress, demonstrate empathy.
- Free them from undue stress: remove barriers, deal with detractors.
- Grow them: find opportunities for development, provide honest feedback.
- Trust them: checking in vs.checking on.
- Help them feel proud: ensure they know they’re valued.
Allyship: Creating an Inclusive Workplace
- Nov. 28-29, 2023 | Online
- Mar. 14-15, 2024 | Online
- May 21-22, 2024 | Online
- Sept. 21-22, 2023 | Online
- Oct. 24-25, 2023 | Online
- Dec. 14-15, 2023 | Online
- Feb. 28-29, 2024 | Online
- May 22, 2024 | Classroom