If you have an Mac (Apple) computer, see Installing Microsoft Project 2019 on Mac Computers.
- Clear your browser cache, cookies and browsing history. If using Microsoft Edge, enable the In-private browsing by pressing CTRL + Shift + P on the Keyboard. For Chrome, use CTRL + Shift + N to go into Incognito mode.
- Sign in to Microsoft Microsoft Azure Dev Tools with your University of Minnesota email. Agree to user agreement.
- Click Software > Scroll to and select Project Professional 2019 (Windows Only).
- Click View Key on pop-up window > Copy Key to Clipboard and paste somewhere secure. You will need this number when you try to open and use the software.
- Download software.
- Find the .iso image in your Downloads folder. The file name will start with “en-us_” > Right click on the file to open the menu > click Mount at the top of the list.
- Open the Office folder > Click on Setup64 to install.
Note: If you try to install the 64-bit version and you receive an error that you can’t install the application because you have a 32-bit version of some Microsoft Office applications already installed on your computer, then choose the 32-bit version: setup32.exe
Using Key/Opening Software
- Find Project in the Windows Start Menu > Open MS Project 2019
- Copy the Key from where you have it saved and paste in the field marked Enter an Office product key.
- Click the Activate Office button to launch the software.
If you run into any issues installing Microsoft Project Project 2019, please reach out to email@example.com.