The Construction Management Program Advisory Board was highlighted during the 2012 ACCE accreditation visit as a “strength of the program.” Composed of a broad representation of local industry, it is engaged and committed to the success of the program.
Formed in the late 1990s to promote the development of the Construction Management program, the Board was restructured in 2010 into a chartered, self-governing body of industry and construction/facility association professionals. Its mission is to advise the program on the direction of the industry as a whole and provide advice directly to the program in seven strategic areas.
- Periodic review of the Construction Management curriculum and accreditation
- Review of any new Construction Management curricular or programmatic initiatives proposed by CCAPS
- Identification of ways to integrate the larger industry community into the program by coordinating with student groups, faculty, and staff on such matters as fundraising, scholarship/endowment development, academic outreach, public relations, and enrollment growth
- Setting standards and policies for membership on the Board
- Serving as a resource on issues brought to the Board by CCAPS or other collegiate or private and public stakeholders
- Identification of potential faculty, particularly adjunct faculty
- Facilitation of industry activities in support of students and learning
Seats on the Advisory Board are held by an organization, rather than by an individual. Seats are held on a three-year renewable basis. There are presently 50 seats chartered, with additional ex-officio members consisting of University staff and representatives of departments and colleges. The student and alumni groups are represented on the Board, with the group presidents serving a one-year term.
Four standing committees designated in the charter meet on an as-needed basis: an Executive Committee, Academic Committee, Development Committee, and Student Activities and Outreach Committee. Ad hoc committees may be formed at any time to explore specific issues or initiatives.
Annual Board Meetings
|Current Representative (Primary/Alternate)
|Adolfson & Peterson
|Advanced Design Contracting
|AGC MN − Associated General Contractors Minnesota Chapter
|American Engineering Testing, Inc.
|Rob Flickinger, Mike McCarthy
|APi Construction Company
|Casey Campbell, Bob Miller
|AWC − Association of Women Contractors
|C. S. McCrossan
|Kenny Beck, Katy Maus
|Dakota County Technical College
|Scott Holm* **
|Habitat for Humanity
|HGA Architects and Engineers
|Joe Tarlizzo, Dale Wenkus
|IFMA − International Facilities Management Association
|JE Dunn Construction
|Knutson Construction Co.
|Kraus-Anderson Construction Co.
|Loeffler Construction & Consulting
|MCA − Minnesota Construction Association
|Dan McKay, Tim McGough
|Meyer Borgman Johnson
|Cullen O'Neill, Murphy Curran
|MMCA – MN Mechanical Contractors Association
|MN Department of Transportation
|MSA − Minnesota Subcontractors Association
|Opus Design Build
|Jeremiah Cunningham* **
|PCL Construction Services, Inc.
|Ryan Companies US, Inc.
|Ben Terry*, Mike Cairl
|UMN Capital Planning and Project Management
|UMN College of Science and Engineering
|Weis Builders, Inc.
|Nikki Hauck, Chris Krieg
* CMGT Alumni
** Faculty member
Current as of September 2023