When a serious performance issue or claim of misconduct arises, HR is called on to take appropriate action. A well-conducted investigation, backed up with solid documentation, can significantly reduce legal risk.
This course will teach you practical techniques for gathering information legally, preparing documentation, and keeping the records you need to support your actions. You’ll learn how to collect useful, accurate information, maintain objectivity, and document situations in a defensible manner.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- know when and how to conduct an investigation.
- recognize the importance of documentation.
- understand the legal issues affecting documentation.
- draft warnings and correction memos.
- effectively maintain personnel files.