All IN-PERSON professional development courses through August 31 have been cancelled or moved online. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with
"Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,780–$3,784.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 9-10 required to complete certificate
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" presented on March 19. And be sure to register for our upcoming series to help you "Adapt and Thrive in Changing Times" starting on April 16.
This certificate will give you up-to-date human resource practices at the technical, operational, and strategic management levels. Whether you have HR experience or just want to build your career, our Human Resource Generalist Certificate is designed to prepare you for success.
- Design recruitment, selection, and staffing strategies
- Explore benefit practices and trends
- Gain practical skills to lead organization development interventions
- Build positive employee and labor relations
Video: Human Resource Course Testimonials
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Stories From the Field
K. David Hirschey has been a human resource professional for going on five decades. He's also an instructor for the HR Generalist Certificate, and he shares his insider's perspective on the daily tasks and skills needed to be successful in the field.