- Cost: $3,780–$3,784.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 9-10 required to complete certificate
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, or attend the next live webinar "The Psychology of Change for Project Managers" on March 14 at noon.
This certificate will give you up-to-date human resource practices at the technical, operational, and strategic management levels. Whether you have HR experience or just want to build your career, our Human Resource Generalist Certificate is designed to prepare you for success.
- Design recruitment, selection, and staffing strategies
- Explore benefit practices and trends
- Gain practical skills to lead organization development interventions
- Build positive employee and labor relations
Video: Human Resource Course Testimonials
Choose 9−10 courses to complete required 60 contact hours for certificate
|Communicating in the Moment (6 hours)||$420|
|Design On-Boarding Programs (6 hours)||$420|
|Employee Benefits Practices and Trends (6 hours)||$420|
|Employee and Labor Relations (6 hours)||$420|
|Fundamentals of Organization Development (12 hours)||$845|
|Introduction to Human Resource Practices (6 hours)||$420|
|Investigations and Documentation (6 hours)||$420|
|Legal Issues for Human Resources (6 hours)||$420|
|Principles of Employee Compensation (6 hours)||$420|
|Staffing: Recruitment and Selection (6 hours)||$420|
|Human Resources as a Business Partner (6 hours)||$420|
|The Art and Practice of Facilitation (6 hours)||$420|
|The Human Resource Audit (6 hours)||$420|
|The Internal Consultant (6 hours)||$420|
|Workforce Metrics and Analytics (6 hours)||$420|
|Workforce Talent Assessment and Planning (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Policies and Procedures (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.