Most in-person professional development courses through December 31st have been moved online. A small selection of courses will be offered in-person. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,780–$3,784.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 9-10 required to complete certificate
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
This certificate will give you up-to-date human resource practices at the technical, operational, and strategic management levels. Whether you have HR experience or just want to build your career, our Human Resource Generalist Certificate is designed to prepare you for success.
- Design recruitment, selection, and staffing strategies
- Explore benefit practices and trends
- Gain practical skills to lead organization development interventions
- Build positive employee and labor relations
Video: Human Resource Course Testimonials
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Stories From the Field
K. David Hirschey has been a human resource professional for going on five decades. He's also an instructor for the HR Generalist Certificate, and he shares his insider's perspective on the daily tasks and skills needed to be successful in the field.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.