Many project managers struggle with the complexities of their organization and find themselves working harder and harder, but getting less accomplished toward project objectives.
As you will learn in this course, the fundamental cause of this inefficiency is the chaos inherent within an organization. This course will introduce you to chaos theory, complex systems, and the emergent behavior of an organization. You will also develop strategies for managing stress and minimizing risk in a chaotic environment.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- describe how complex systems and chaos manifest in your organization.
- recognize emergent behavior in your organization.
- identify where and when chaos is likely to occur.
- develop risk mitigation schemes for your work.
- manage your work and life within a chaotic environment.
- recognize and avoid common problems caused by chaos.