- Cost: $4,190, reflects 10 percent discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 6 required and 3 elective courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: Catch up on past webinars. including, "Building Trust & Credibility," which was presented on May 22
Being an in-demand, successful project manager requires a combination of process and human interaction skills. With this certificate you'll lay a strong foundation of knowledge and the interpersonal aspects of being an effective project manager.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Manage risk and change
- Build and motivate project teams
- Ensure project control and successfully close projects.
Project Management Certificate Courses
|Required courses (42 contact hours)
Courses are listed in recommended sequence
|Project Management Foundations (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Initiation (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Planning (12 hours)||$900|
|Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Leadership (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Risk Management (6 hours)||$470|
|Elective courses - Choose 3 (18 contact hours)||Cost|
|Business Acumen (6 hours)||$470|
|Communicating Across Cultures (6 hours)||$420|
|Introduction to Agile (6 hours)||$470|
|Negotiate for Agreement (6 hours)||$420|
|Project Management and Chaos Theory (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Management and New Product Development (6 hours)||$470|
Project Management for IT Professionals (6 hours)
|Managing Complex Projects (6 hours)||$470|
|Technical Writing (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Josh Kline needed to rev up his leadership and project management skills after taking on a major project at Land O'Lakes. He signed up for the U's Project Management Certificate evening courses and immediately put his new skills to work on the job the next day.