- Cost: $4,190, reflects 10 percent discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 6 required and 3 elective courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, or attend the next live webinar "The Psychology of Change for Project Managers" on March 14 at noon.
Being an in-demand, successful project manager requires a combination of process and human interaction skills. With this certificate you'll lay a strong foundation of knowledge and the interpersonal aspects of being an effective project manager.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Manage risk and change
- Build and motivate project teams
- Ensure project control and successfully close projects.
Project Management Certificate Courses
|Courses are listed in recommended sequence
Required courses (42 contact hours)
|Project Management Foundations (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Initiation (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Planning (12 hours)||$900|
|Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Leadership (6 hours)||$470|
|Project Risk Management (6 hours)||$470|
|Elective courses - Choose 3 (18 contact hours)||Cost|
|Business Acumen (6 hours)||$470|
|Communicating Across Cultures (6 hours)||$420|
|Introduction to Agile (6 hours)||$470|
|Negotiate for Agreement (6 hours)||$420|
|Project Management and Chaos Theory (6 hours)||$470|
|Managing Complex Projects (6 hours)||$470|
|Technical Writing (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Josh Kline needed to rev up his leadership and project management skills after taking on a major project at Land O'Lakes. He signed up for the U's Project Management Certificate evening courses and immediately put his new skills to work on the job the next day.