Delivery MethodFully online
About This Course
This course brings together key elements from practical experience (on the job) and theoretical study (in the classroom) to broaden your understanding of management as a profession. Your active participation will greatly enhance the course for everyone, as we will all be learning from each other's experiences. As this is a Writing Intensive designated course, another goal of this class is to learn to write and communicate more effectively.
Areas covered include:
- Demands on today’s managers.
- Techniques/ideas beyond traditional studies.
- Focus on managers in all organizations: small-to-large, for-profit, not-for-profit, and government.
- Classical management theory at all levels as well as more cutting-edge theory for high-performing organizations.
- Classical management functions of organizational planning.
- Organizing resources.
- Leading and motivating people, and controlling and evaluating organizational activities.
- Gender and diversity in management and the impacts that having a diverse workforce have on managers and organizations.
PhD, industrial/organizational psychology; MBA, St. Mary’s University; BA, psychology, Hamline University; Certificates in strategic and executive HR leadership and in data analytics, Cornell University.
Dr. Bradley Goodell is an organizational development psychologist. He is the owner of BDG Strategic Consulting, LLC, which provides expert consulting services in the areas of strategic planning, leadership coaching and development, team-building, and organizational structure assessment.
- ABUS 4022W – Management in Organizations
- ABUS 4023W – Communicating for Results
MBA, supply chain and operations focus, Arizona State University; BS, international finance, Arizona State University; BA, history, Arizona State University; BA, political science, Arizona State University; BA, religious studies, Arizona State University.
Brian Simons has been an adjunct instructor since 2018 focusing on management and finance topics. In addition to teaching, he currently serves as the CEO of Janus Logistics Technologies, a VC back technology firm in the supply chain and logistics space. Previously he held leadership roles at Fortune 500 companies including Honeywell, United Technologies, and NCR as well as private equity owned firms.