CostFor pricing, call 612-424-8605
Time to CompletePart-time, 24 weeks
More data has been created in the past two years than in the entire history of the human race.* Learn to analyze that data like a pro and bring it to life through interactive data visualization. Students will build a robust portfolio of work to show potential employers and receive career planning services such as one-on-one career coaching.
Job growth for data analysts is projected at 10% into 2028, with concentrated demand in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul and Wisconsin areas.
— Burning Glass Labor/InsightTM
After completing this rigorous and fast-paced program, which provides 20–30 hours a week of outside projects and learning experiences in addition to classroom instruction, you'll have the technical skills needed to:
- employ statistical analysis to model, predict, and forecast trends.
- expertly build VBA scripts in Excel to automate tedious manual processes.
- utilize real-world data sources to showcase social, financial, and political phenomena.
- create Python-based scripts to automate the cleanup, restructuring, and rendering of large, heterogeneous datasets.
- analyze social media trends on Twitter and Facebook using automated programs.
- use advanced SQL and Mongo techniques to combine multiple datasets into one so as to create even more impressive and comprehensive databases.