All boot camps will be held virtually until further notice. To learn about the online class environment, see the Online Courses FAQ. For the latest information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please see the Safe Campus website.
- Program Length: 24 weeks, part-time
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30–9:30 p.m., and Saturdays, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Location: Continuing Education and Conference Center, Saint Paul campus and the Humphrey School of Public Affairs, West Bank campus
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
More data has been created in the past two years than in the entire history of the human race.* Learn to analyze that data like a pro and bring it to life through interactive data visualization. Students will build a robust portfolio of work to show potential employers and receive career planning services such as one-on-one career coaching.
Job growth for data analysts is projected at 10% into 2028, with concentrated demand in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul and Wisconsin areas.
— Burning Glass Labor/InsightTM
After completing this rigorous and fast-paced program, which provides 20–30 hours a week of outside projects and learning experiences in addition to classroom instruction, you'll have the technical skills needed to:
- employ statistical analysis to model, predict, and forecast trends
- expertly build VBA scripts in Excel to automate tedious manual processes
- utilize real-world data sources to showcase social, financial, and political phenomena
- create Python-based scripts to automate the cleanup, restructuring, and rendering of large, heterogeneous datasets
- analyze social media trends on Twitter and Facebook using automated programs
- use advanced SQL and Mongo techniques to combine multiple datasets into one so as to create even more impressive and comprehensive databases
Learn more about the Data Visualization and Analytics Boot Camp by calling an admissions advisor at 612-284-5883 or click the button below.
Mad New Skills Plus U of M Credibility
David Kreitzer wanted to learn data analytics, was looking to get those skills in a classroom setting—as opposed to online—and appreciated the credibility a certificate from the University of Minnesota would bring. Read about his experience taking the Data Visualization and Analytics Certificate and hear from a second student and an instructor.