Whether you want to submit an application for MELP's Intensive English Program on a full- or part-time basis, these step-by-step instructions will help you with the process from start to finish.
Step 1: Create Guest Account
- Select “Apply Now”
- If you do NOT have a University internet/email account, select “I’m new to the University.”
- If you DO have a University internet/email account, select “I have a University Internet Account.”
- Enter the required information
- For your address, choose “Other” to select a country other than the United States or Canada.
- If you do NOT have a City, enter a province or district or enter N/A.
- Do not forget your password; you may need it later!
- Select “Continue” when you are finished
Step 2: My Profile
- Enter the required information (questions with a red star*).
- Select “Continue Checkout” when you're finished!
Step 3: My Applications
- Select “Start” and then select “Start” again.
- Enter the required information.
- To upload files: select “Choose File,” select your file, then select “Upload.”
- The file name will appear when the file is successfully uploaded.
- If your diploma or transcripts are originally in English, you should upload the same file in both the “original” document field and the “certified English translation” document field.
- Select “Submit” when you are finished.
Incomplete or Submitted Applications
To complete an application that you have already started, or to check the status of a submitted application:
- Go to learning.umn.edu
- Select “Login” and then select “Learner Login” (upper right corner).
- Choose “I have a University Internet Account.”
- Internet ID is your complete email address used in Step 1 (example: John.Doe@gmail.com).
- Select “My Applications” (left side menu).
- Select “Continue” and then select “Continue” again.
After You Submit Your Application
- MELP staff will review your application to be sure it is complete; we may contact you or your Application Helper if we have any questions.
- We will email your admission decision approximately 7−10 business days after your application is complete.
If you would like the application in a language other than English, please visit the Intensive English program website.
If you have questions about your application, please contact MELP at firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-624-1503 or 800-234-6564.