Step 1 – Create Guest Account
- Select “Apply Now”
- If you do NOT have a University internet/email account, select “I’m new to the University.”
- If you DO have a University internet/email account, select “I have a University Internet Account.”
- Enter the required information
- For your address, choose “Other” to select a country other than the United States or Canada.
- If you do NOT have a City, enter a province or district or enter N/A.
- Do not forget your password; you may need it later!
- Select “Continue” when you are finished
Step 2 – My Profile
- ONLY ANSWER REQUIRED QUESTIONS (with a red star*). The following are required:
- Birthplace and Nationality*
- Mailing List Preferences* (bottom of page)
- Privacy Policies* (bottom of page)
- Initials are the first letter of each of your names (example: John Doe’s initials are "JD").
- Select “Continue Checkout” when you're finished.
Step 3 – My Applications
- Select “Start” and then select “Start” again.
- Enter the required information.
- To upload files: select “Choose File,” select your file, then select “Upload.”
- The file name will appear when the file is successfully uploaded.
- If your diploma or transcripts are originally in English, you should upload the same file in both the “original” document field and the “certified English translation” document field.
- Select “Submit” when you are finished.
How to Return to an Incomplete Application or Check the Status of a Submitted Application
- Go to learning.umn.edu
- Select “Login” and then select “Learner Login” (upper right corner).
- Choose “I have a University Internet Account.”
- Internet ID is your complete email address used in Step 1 (example: John.Doe@gmail.com).
- Select “My Applications” (left side menu).
- Select “Continue” and then select “Continue” again.
After You Submit Your Application
- Shipping your documents to an international address? If yes, remember to submit the required separate payment for express shipping service at z.umn.edu/eshipglobal.
- MELP staff will review your application to be sure it is complete; we may contact you or your Application Helper if we have any questions.
- Your acceptance decision will be sent approximately 7−10 business days after your application is complete.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact MELP at firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-624-1503, or 800-234-6564.