Is a Special Session Right for Your Presentation?
Want to present at the Minnesota Water Resources Conference, but have a topic, format, or demonstration that doesn’t fit within the standard 20-minute oral presentation? A special session may be the option for you!
Special sessions are deep dives into specific, timely topics and/or provide a multidisciplinary approach. Choose from one, two, or three 90-minute time blocks.
The Minnesota Water Resources Conference collects special session submissions year-round. Submissions received by the third Friday in March will be considered for the current year's conference. Due to the timely nature of the topics considered for special sessions, submissions not selected for this year's conference will not be considered for next year. If you wish to have your submission considered for future years, you will need to resubmit the topic.
Session organizers will be asked to provide the following details when submitting a proposal:
- organizer name, email, phone number, job title, and company name
- session title (75 character limit)
- brief description (2000 character/300 word limit)
- time requirements (1–3 90-minute blocks of time)
- speaker names and contact details, if you know them, or
- an explanation of the type of experience they have or the specific company they will be from
- other details the planning committee will need to know about the session for consideration
Please submit your proposal by the fourth Friday in March for consideration in the current calendar year. Note that all special session presenters are required to register for the conference.
Organizers will be notified of acceptance following the April planning committee meeting.
August: All final updates to session details due.
How to Submit
Proposals must be submitted through this online form: