- Date: January 8–23, 2020
- Location: Earle Brown Heritage Center
- Fee: $135 through Dec 11 | $145 starting Dec 12
- Registration: Open now!
- For: Architects and engineers; contractors and inspectors in building, housing, elevator, mechanical and fire; manufactured home installers; permit technicians; and plumbers.
We are now an ICC Preferred Provider
ALL CLASSES HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR ICC CREDIT!
Continue your education and get up-to-date information on Minnesota code rules and amendments, best practices for inspection and code administration, innovative products on the market, and useful professional development skills.
Program and Continuing Education Credits
- Electrical Jan 8–9
- Plumbing Jan 8–9
- Building Jan 13–17
- Mechanical Jan 13–15
- Permit Technicians Jan 13–14
- Fire Jan 16–17
- Housing Jan 16–17
- Elevator Jan 22–23
The University of Minnesota will be applying for the State of Minnesota continuing education credit for all of the sessions at this year’s Institute. Credits will be posted on each track page after the session description, when available.
The early daily fee for the Institute is $135 per day for registrations received by December 11, 2019 and $145 per day for registrations received on or after December 12.
The daily registration fee includes instruction, handout materials, parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks.
Note: the following specialty classes have higher registration fees:
- Electrical - Significant Changes to the 2020 NEC (Includes IAEI’s Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC): $200 before December 11, 2019 and $210 on or after December 12.
- Building/Permit Tech - 2018 IBC Transition from the 2012 IBC (Includes 2018 IBC Significant Changes): $175 before December 11, 2019 and $185 on or after December 12.
- Building - On-Site Septic Systems: $275 before December 11, 2019 and $285 on or after December 12.
- Building - 2018 IRC: Performing Residential Plan Reviews (Includes 2018 IRC Performing Residential Plan Reviews Kit): Single day registration $175 before December 11, 2019 and $185 on or after December 12. Two day registration $310 before December 11, 2019 and $320 on or after December 12.
Use the online registration when registering yourself and/or multiple people and paying with a credit card. After registering online all registrants will receive “Registration Confirmation” and “Receipt” emails from firstname.lastname@example.org (check your spam folder if you don’t see these in your Inbox).
Need to register using a purchase order, check, or have your organization billed?
Having Issues Registering Online?
Account access and password questions should be referred to the University of Minnesota's IT helpline at 612-301-4357. Be sure to mention you are using a "guest account." You may also be able to troubleshoot your account access online by clicking "Reset your Password" or "Recover your Internet ID" when you get to the log-in screen.
If you need to cancel your registration, a refund—minus $50 cancellation fee—will be issued if you provide written notice by December 11, 2019. Cancellations after this date will be ineligible for a refund.