When writing for the web, "less is more" as readers rapidly scan for the information they seek.
In this course, you’ll review current and future trends in web writing practices. You’ll learn how to implement a marketing approach in writing effective website copy. You’ll hone your web writing abilities and develop varied skills that include: content development planning, audience focus, content organization that facilitates scanning, web navigation principles, and effective use of headings, titles, labels, and hyperlinks.
You are encouraged to bring web copy samples.
Note: This is not a web development course.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- describe how people are currently using the web.
- take a marketing approach to web copy.
- plan effective web content.
- incorporate the tenets of good web writing.
- apply principles of web navigation and organization to your writing.