- Cost: $1,890, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 30 contact hours, 3.0 continuing education credits
- Courses: 5 required courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "The Psychology of Change for Project Managers," presented on March 14.
Enhance this core competency of all professional interactions in a way that avoids misunderstandings and conveys information in an appropriate manner and tone, while gaining support for your positions.
- Use advanced editing and proofreading strategies
- Develop persuasive business proposals
- Write concisely and persuasively for the web and social media
- Create written policies and procedures
Video: Business Writing Course Testimonials
Business Writing Courses
Choose five courses (30 contact hours) to complete the certificate
|Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies (6 hours)||$420|
|Business Grammar Update (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing (6 hours)||$420|
|Technical Writing (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for Social Media (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for the Web (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Policies and Procedures (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Improve Your Writing Today
The marketplace of ideas has become increasingly noisy and overcrowded. Ideas that are clear and concise are the most likely to break through. Ben Shank, who teaches a host of professional development courses for CCAPS, including Technical Writing, Writing for Social Media, and Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies, has some advice on how to make your ideas stand out and better drive your personal agenda.