All IN-PERSON professional development courses through August 31 have been cancelled or moved online. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with
"Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $1,890, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 30 contact hours, 3.0 continuing education credits
- Required Courses: Choose 5 from the list of 9
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" presented on March 19. And be sure to register for our upcoming series to help you "Adapt and Thrive in Changing Times" starting on April 16.
Enhance this core competency of all professional interactions in a way that avoids misunderstandings and conveys information in an appropriate manner and tone, while gaining support for your positions.
- Use advanced editing and proofreading strategies
- Develop persuasive business proposals
- Write concisely and persuasively for the web and social media
- Create written policies and procedures
Video: Business Writing Course Testimonials
Business Writing Courses
Choose five courses (30 contact hours) to complete the certificate
|Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies (6 hours)||$420|
|Business Grammar Update - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Technical Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for Social Media - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for the Web - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Policies and Procedures (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Improve Your Writing Today
The marketplace of ideas has become increasingly noisy and overcrowded. Ideas that are clear and concise are the most likely to break through. Ben Shank, who teaches a host of professional development courses for CCAPS, including Technical Writing, Writing for Social Media, and Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies, has some advice on how to make your ideas stand out and better drive your personal agenda.