Most professional development courses for the foreseeable future will be delivered online. A small selection of courses will be offered in-person. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $1,890, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 30 contact hours, 3.0 continuing education credits
- Required Courses: Choose 5 from the list of 9
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming webinar "New Year, New Career" on December 10.
Enhance this core competency of all professional interactions in a way that avoids misunderstandings and conveys information in an appropriate manner and tone, while gaining support for your positions.
- Use advanced editing and proofreading strategies
- Develop persuasive business proposals
- Write concisely and persuasively for the web and social media
- Create written policies and procedures
Video: Business Writing Course Testimonials
Business Writing Courses
Choose five courses (30 contact hours) to complete the certificate
|Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Business Grammar Update - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Technical Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for Social Media - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for the Web - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Policies and Procedures -Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Improve Your Writing Today
The marketplace of ideas has become increasingly noisy and overcrowded. Ideas that are clear and concise are the most likely to break through. Ben Shank, who teaches a host of professional development courses for CCAPS, including Technical Writing, Writing for Social Media, and Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies, has some advice on how to make your ideas stand out and better drive your personal agenda.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.