- Cost: $3,780, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 7 required and 3 electives courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for "Leading With Emotional Intelligence," presented on August 21 at noon.
This certificate will equip you with the top skills employers are seeking: exceptional writing, speaking, teamwork, customer service, critical thinking, and business communications:
- Develop solutions to complex problems
- Speak and persuade with confidence and authenticity
- Enhance customer relationships
- Contribute meaningfully to teams and projects.
Video: Communications Course Testimonials
Communications Certificate Courses
|Required courses (42 contact hours)||Cost|
|Communicating Across Cultures (6 hours)||$420|
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (6 hours)||$420|
|Negotiate for Agreement (6 hours)||$420|
|Develop Effective Business Conversation Skills (6 hours)||$420|
|Fostering Customer Relationships (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing (6 hours)||$420|
|Team Communications (6 hours)||$420|
|Elective courses (choose 3 courses for 18 contact hours)||Cost|
|Business Storytelling with Intention (6 hours)||$420|
|Communicating in the Moment (6 hours)||$420|
|Handle People with Tact and Diplomacy (6 hours)||$420|
|Successfully Deal with Conflict at Work (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for the Web (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for Social Media (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Improve Your Writing Today
The marketplace of ideas has become increasingly noisy and overcrowded. Ideas that are clear and concise are the most likely to break through. Ben Shank, who teaches a host of professional development courses for CCAPS, including Technical Writing, Writing for Social Media, and Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies, has some advice on how to make your ideas stand out and better drive your personal agenda.