All IN-PERSON professional development courses through August 31 have been cancelled or moved online. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with
"Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,780, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 7 required and 3 electives courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" presented on March 19. And be sure to register for our upcoming series to help you "Adapt and Thrive in Changing Times" starting on April 16.
This certificate will equip you with the top skills employers are seeking: exceptional writing, speaking, teamwork, customer service, critical thinking, and business communications:
- Develop solutions to complex problems
- Speak and persuade with confidence and authenticity
- Enhance customer relationships
- Contribute meaningfully to teams and projects.
Video: Communications Course Testimonials
Communications Certificate Courses
|Required courses (42 contact hours)||Cost|
|Communicating Across Cultures - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (6 hours)||$420|
|Negotiate for Agreement - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Develop Effective Business Conversation Skills (6 hours)||$420|
|Fostering Customer Relationships (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing (6 hours)||$420|
|Team Communications (6 hours)||$420|
|Elective courses (choose 3 courses for 18 contact hours)||Cost|
|Business Storytelling with Intention - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Communicating in the Moment - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Conflict Resolution - Online Option (formerly Dealing with Conflict at Work) (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for the Web - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing for Social Media - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Presenting with Impact - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Improve Your Writing Today
The marketplace of ideas has become increasingly noisy and overcrowded. Ideas that are clear and concise are the most likely to break through. Ben Shank, who teaches a host of professional development courses for CCAPS, including Technical Writing, Writing for Social Media, and Advanced Editing and Proofreading Strategies, has some advice on how to make your ideas stand out and better drive your personal agenda.