- Program Length: Part Time - 24 weeks | Full Time - 12 weeks
- Part Time Schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Full Time Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Location: Continuing Education and Conference Center, Saint Paul campus
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars or sit in on the live webinar "Talent Acquisition Strategy: Start with an Inclusive Culture," on October 31.
Technology has transformed virtually every area of human activity—and you can be part of the digital revolution as a web development professional. The University of Minnesota Coding Boot Camp is a Full Stack Flex curriculum that will equip you with the fundamental skills needed to become a full-stack web developer. You’ll stretch your knowledge to new limits, building dynamic end-to-end web applications, whether you choose the full time (12 weeks) or part time (24 weeks) program.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth by 2024.
—Bureau of Labor Statistics
In addition, the career services team provides students with the training and guidance needed for the job search. Through résumé and social media profile support, industry speakers, portfolio reviews, career coaching, technical interview training, and more, you will be empowered to find the job that’s right for you.
By the time you complete the program, you should have the skills to:
- understand the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code.
- build front-end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks.
- create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods.
- generate dynamic content and implement user authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases—MySQL, MongoDB, and Firebase.
- develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding—source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- run through the entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings.
Ready to shift gears in your career—or accelerate it? Visit the Coding Boot Camp online or call 612-424-8605 to learn more.
Stories from the Field
The web development boot camp gets rave reviews from a Minnesota employer who views the program as a training ground for future employees, and from a career changer who credits it with moving from a job in property maintenance to a career in tech.