Complicated schedules are a fact of life, but that doesn't have to stop you from pursuing your personal, professional, and academic goals. Below are online programs offered by the College of Continuing and Professional Studies that won't interfere with your day job. To learn about other online programs offered throughout the U of M system, visit online.umn.edu.
- Applied Sciences Leadership (primarily online) | This professional master's degree consists of two graduate-level certificates (Leadership for Science Professionals and Integrated Food Systems Leadership) and two required courses. In order to earn all three credentials, students must apply to each program.
- Multidisciplinary Studies (partially online) | This bachelor's degree is designed to accommodate busy working adults with a variety of course delivery formats. You'll work closely with your advisor to select three concentrations within five categories of study, three of which—applied, technical, and professional; communication; and history/social science—have more online options.
- Applied Business (fully online) | This 15-credit certificate gives you the know-how to make business decisions in an effective, innovative, and ethical way.
- Business Analysis (fully online) | In this noncredit certificate, develop competencies that will ensure your success in the business analyst role.
- Facility Management (fully online) | This 19-credit certificate provides real-world knowledge of the complete building life cycle, from design and construction to maintenance, recommissioning, and demolition, with learning outcomes that align with the needs of diverse industries.
- Human Sexuality (fully online) | A graduate certificate aimed at clinical, occupational, educational, and research professionals who want to broaden their knowledge of human sexuality.
- Instructional Design for eLearning (fully online | Design inclusive, accessible, effective online training experiences that align with business and learning outcomes.
- Leadership for Science Professionals (fully online) | A graduate-level certificate that can be completed in two years. Gain the business and leadership skills to boost your science career.
Online Noncredit Professional Development
We've moved dozens of professional development courses to virtual delivery. Whether you're looking to dust off an unused skill or add new competencies to your tool belt, the U of M is here to help, with online courses in Agile, business process and analysis, organization development, project management, communications, and more! See the full list.