Status message

COVID-19 Updates: CCAPS and the University

Online Continuing Education for Sexuality Professionals

Woman seated at desk smiling
  • Offered completely online
  • A collaboration between the College of Continuing and Professional Studies and the Program in Human Sexuality

Whether you’re looking to update your skills or earn a new credential, the University of Minnesota's human sexuality courses offer access to cutting-edge research and expertise.

These fully online courses are geared toward working professionals, with updated information from instructors who are active in the field. Courses are offered in an asynchronous online format; students are not required to be online at a specific time.

You may register for a course as a nondegree student, meaning you’re not formally admitted to the certificate program but are earning graduate-level credit for your work. If you decide later to apply to the Human Sexuality Certificate and are admitted, up to 6 credits taken as a nondegree student can be used toward the certificate. 

Upcoming Courses

HSEX 6013 Perspectives and Practices in Sexuality Education
3 credits, 7 weeks accelerated format, starts March 9, 2021

HSEX 6014 Healthcare for Transgender and Gender Diverse Adults
3 credits, starts January 19, 2021

HSEX 6012 Sexual Function and Dysfunction
3 credits, 7 weeks accelerated format, starts January 19, 2021

These courses meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and are approved for 35 CE credits per course. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.

For more information about course content, email Academic Advisor Margo Gray at graym@umn.edu



To register for a course without enrolling in the certificate, follow these instructions:

  1. Download a Registration Request for Graduate Credit for Non-degree Students form. You will need to print out the form, fill out sections 1, 2, and 4, and scan or photograph the form to send it in. Course codes and five-digit class number (call number) are available in the U of M Schedule Builder, where you can search course offerings by semester. 
  2. Email the form to graym@umn.edu for processing.
  3. Upon authorization, the College of Continuing and Professional Studies will forward the form to the registrar. It can take up to five business days for your registration to be processed.
  4. You will receive confirmation and payment instructions by email.

More information can be found on the University of Minnesota webpage for nonadmitted students.