What does leading with cultural intelligence mean to you? Depending on your work environment, you may be challenged to integrate diverse international and domestic cultures, different organizational and job function cultures, unique employee strengths, multiple languages, time zones, virtual communication norms, and other rich and complex elements.
Inclusive leaders need to better understand the multilayered dynamics of culture. Cultural intelligence is one lens to assess and improve intercultural competence. Developing your cultural intelligence can positively influence your leadership presence, your ability to communicate effectively, and your team’s engagement and collaboration.
During this webinar we learned:
- how to highlight the impact of cultural intelligence as an essential leadership capability.
- to develop awareness of key cultural value preferences and introduce the CQ® model components of CQ Drive, CQ Knowledge, CQ Strategy, and CQ Action.
- to identify some practical ways to develop your cultural intelligence to build stronger teams.
Presenter Karin Goettsch, PhD, PCC, CPTD, Principal of Global Collaboration Insights, designs strategic talent and organizational development solutions for leaders, teams, and individuals. She consults and coaches on high-performing global virtual teams, cultural and emotional intelligence, and communication capabilities.
Presented on June 15, 2022.
What is CQ (Cultural intelligence?)
- The capability to function and relate effectively in many culturally diverse situations
- A way to assess and improve effectiveness, rooted in rigorous research conducted in more than 100 countries
- Personal adjustment and adaptability
- Judgment and decision-making
- Negotiation effectiveness
- Trust, idea sharing, and innovation
- Leadership effectiveness
- Profitability and cost savings
What is the impact of CQ level on diverse teams?
- High CQ = Diverse teams outperform homogenous teams
- Low CQ = Lower levels of productivity and effectiveness
- Diverse perspectives + high CQ = better outcomes
Communicating in the Moment
- Apr. 27, 2023 | Classroom
- May 25, 2023 | Classroom