Virtual courses are currently under consideration. If classes become available online we will update this web site; for announcements please sign up for updates at the bottom of this page. You can still register for in-person courses that begin May 14th or later—check out courses below for upcoming dates.
- Cost: $3,024, reflects 10% discount for registering for all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 48 contact hours, 4.8 CEUs
- Courses: 7 required, 1 elective
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized Training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars or sit in on "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" on March 19 at noon.
What Is Leadership?
Leadership is a characteristic that's not readily defined, but you know it when you see it. Leadership is not as much about authority or expertise as it is the ability to influence those around you. Leaders are able to articulate an inspiring vision, set direction, and map out a plan to reach a desired goal. They are good communicators and cultivate trusting, authentic relationships.
Leaders are those who empower others.
Top organizations are seeking leaders with collaboration, critical thinking, conflict management, and time management skills. Professionals like you, aiming to step into a leadership role, will gain confidence and credibility to excel in any field in this 48-hour program.
- Hone your interpersonal skills and improve your professional relationships.
- Enhance your ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and solve problems.
- Develop your ability to strategically and intentionally influence.
- Enrich teams and projects through effective prioritization and communication.
Leadership Essentials Certificate Courses
|Required Courses (42 contact hours)||Cost|
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (6 hours)||$420|
|Managing Your Priorities, Time, and Energy (6 hours)||$420|
|Intentional Influence (6 hours)||$420|
|Emotional Intelligence (6 hours)||$420|
|Team Communications (6 hours)||$420|
|Foundations in Business Writing (6 hours)||$420|
|Conflict Resolution (6 hours)||$420|
|Elective Courses (6 contact hours)
Select one to complete the certificate
|Project Management Foundations (6 hours)||$470|
|Presenting with Impact (6 hours)||$420|
|Communicating Across Cultures (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
How Does the University of Minnesota Program Stand Out?
Our curriculum provides the most well-rounded instruction for professionals like you looking to accelerate your career. The courses in this certificate focus on personal leadership, blending together topics that provide a foundational knowledge aimed at promoting career advancement, productivity, and confidence.
Are you ready to accelerate your career?
Professional Development Digital Badges
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.