Most in-person professional development courses through December 31st have been moved online. A small selection of courses will be offered in-person. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,024, reflects 10% discount for registering for all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 48 contact hours, 4.8 CEUs
- Courses: 7 required, 1 elective
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized Training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
What Is Leadership?
Leadership is a characteristic that's not readily defined, but you know it when you see it. Leadership is not as much about authority or expertise as it is the ability to influence those around you. Leaders are able to articulate an inspiring vision, set direction, and map out a plan to reach a desired goal. They are good communicators and cultivate trusting, authentic relationships.
Leaders are those who empower others.
Top organizations are seeking leaders with collaboration, critical thinking, conflict management, and time management skills. Professionals like you, aiming to step into a leadership role, will gain confidence and credibility to excel in any field in this 48-hour program.
- Hone your interpersonal skills and improve your professional relationships.
- Enhance your ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and solve problems.
- Develop your ability to strategically and intentionally influence.
- Enrich teams and projects through effective prioritization and communication.
Leadership Essentials Certificate Courses
|Elective Courses (6 contact hours)
Select one to complete the certificate
|Project Management Foundations - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
|Presenting with Impact - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Communicating Across Cultures - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
How Does the University of Minnesota Program Stand Out?
Our curriculum provides the most well-rounded instruction for professionals like you looking to accelerate your career. The courses in this certificate focus on personal leadership, blending together topics that provide a foundational knowledge aimed at promoting career advancement, productivity, and confidence.
Are you ready to accelerate your career?
Professional Development Digital Badges
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.