This guide will show you how you can save a file to a Google Drive folder to store and organize your photos, videos, and audio files for your project. Once you add a file to your Google Drive folder, you can copy a link to the file and this is what you will submit throughout the course.
Let’s get started with the tutorial.
- First, login to your UMN email
- At the top-right of the screen, select the grid icon (Google Apps for Education) and choose Drive.
- Once in Google Drive, click on the New button. Select the Folder option.
- Name your new Google Drive folder something like: [course number]_[yourname]_media
- Next, you can drag your media files (eg. audio, video, images) to your Google Drive folder and the file will upload to your folder. If you’re using the Firefox browser, you will most likely have to upload files by selecting the > File upload.
- Once your media file is uploaded to your Google Drive folder, right-click on it and choose Get shareable link.
- Turn link sharing on. Right-click on the link and copy it. Navigate to your Canvas course site and submit the link to your assignment.