Team Leadership Webinar Series
Leaders of all stripes will take away valuable tips and best practices for strengthening their teams in our new webinar series.
Over the next three months, we'll explore workplace best practices around allyship, talk about ways to motivate, energize, and enhance team performance, and outline steps for compassionate and effective feedback.
University of Minnesota employees can receive 200 wellness points by viewing a CCAPS professional development webinar. Please complete this form to record your wellness points.
Delivering Effective Feedback
Wednesday, October 18 | noon–1:00 p.m.
Presented by Carolien Moors
Join us for this dynamic and interactive webinar, as we dive into the essential skill of providing critical feedback at work, whether it is to direct reports, peers, or your boss. Effective feedback is a powerful tool for professional growth, one that fosters a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. During this session, you will gain ready-to-apply insights and practical strategies to enhance your feedback-giving abilities. You will learn how to navigate challenging conversations, deliver feedback with empathy and clarity, and create an environment that promotes open communication and mutual respect. Whether you are a manager, team leader, or individual contributor, we'll equip you with the skills and knowledge to provide critical feedback effectively.
In this webinar, we'll cover:
- the importance of critical feedback: understanding why providing constructive criticism is crucial for individual and team development and fostering a culture of improvement.
- building rapport and trust: creating a safe space for honest conversations and feedback exchange.
- the feedback process: explore a step-by-step framework for delivering effective feedback, from setting the stage to providing actionable suggestions for improvement.
- effective communication skills: learn how to communicate feedback clearly, using appropriate language, nonverbal cues, and active listening techniques.
- emotional intelligence in feedback: learn about ways to navigate sensitive topics, manage emotional responses, and promote understanding and growth.
- overcoming resistance and defensiveness: identify common barriers to accepting feedback and explore strategies to overcome resistance, encouraging a growth mindset among colleagues.
Carolien Moors, MPsych and MEd, has applied psychology and business insight to challenges faced by leaders and teams as an organizational consultant, speaker, and coach, focusing on candor, accountability, and change for more than 30 years.
Allyship in the Workplace
In our current climate, allyship is essential in creating an inclusive workforce. Research shows a correlation between an inclusive workplace, where all feel they belong and contribute, and greater employee engagement and retention. Watch and learn how best to create an environment where we can all benefit from the power of allyship!
Key takeaways include:
- broadening your understanding of allyship.
- integrating new practices to strengthen allyship.
- magnifying good practices and diminishing challenging ones.
- creating next steps to put allyship into action.
Webinar presenter Patricia Izek, MEd., is the equity, diversity, and inclusion (DEI) consultant in the Office of Human Resources at the University of Minnesota. She presents on DEI for units across the University, including two Equity and Diversity Certificate workshops: Implicit Bias in the Search Process, and Selection Processes and Addressing Implicit Bias and Microaggressions.
Presented on August 23.
Reignite Team Motivation
Your team members may have all the expertise in the world but if they're not motivated, it's unlikely that they'll achieve their true individual, team, or organizational potential. Motivation is the secret ingredient that energizes, maintains, and enhances team performance. A motivated team is more likely to maximize their discretionary efforts which will lead to higher engagement and ultimately higher performance.
In this webinar, you'll gain a clear understanding of what really drives team motivation when we:
- describe types of motivation.
- identify common team motivators and demotivators,
- implement the most effective methods to reignite motivation on your team.
- learn steps to maintain a motivational team climate.
Nan Gesche, MA, is an educator, speaker, and coach who aims to “help people play well together.” She has guided organizations through change management, resiliency building, and conflict management for over 20 years.
Explore the U's Portfolio of Professional Development Programs
Browse the University's wide variety of courses, certificate programs, and boot camps to help you level up your career and get noticed.
Watch our most recent webinars or browse our vast selection of previous webinars.
I can help you choose which professional development programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. I am here to answer your questions regarding specific programs, courses, or other career topics you have on your mind.
Don’t hesitate to send me an email or schedule an online appointment. I'm here for YOU!
University Employee Wellbeing Points
CCAPS Free Webinar Series is partnering with the University's Employee Wellbeing Program. For each free webinar attended, you may earn 200 points towards your goal.
How many points will I receive after attending a webinar?
1 hour webinar = 200 points
Are there limits on the number of CCAPS professional development webinars I can listen to in order to receive Wellbeing points?
No. You can now receive points for attending unlimited webinars per program year.
How do I request my Wellbeing points?
Fill out a request form which you can access here or copy and paste https://z.umn.edu/ccapswell. CCAPS will also provide a link to the request form within the slide deck at the end of each webinar. A link to the request form should also appear in the YouTube description of past webinars.
When will OHR process my Wellbeing points request?
Point requests will be submitted on the 1st Tuesday of the month following the webinars. If you have any questions or are not seeing your Wellbeing points reflected, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I obtain Wellbeing points for listening to past webinars?
Yes. You can obtain points for listening to past webinars. You can access our past webinars by visiting CCAPS's Professional Development YouTube channel. You will need to submit a Wellbeing points request form for each webinar you listen to.