As Summer the semester draws to a close, here are a few reminders for our CCAPS instructors and staff! CCAPS Academic Technology and Design is very happy to start a new academic year and continue our efforts to provide technological, media enriched, and pedagogical assistance for CCAPS courses.
As a reminder, ATD opens courses for online/blended instructors one week before the start of the semester to allow students to acclimate to the online environment.
- Instructors Are Now Responsible for Opening Courses: Previously, Academic Technology and Design opened fully online or blended courses one week before the start of the semester to allow students to acclimate to the online environment. Moving forward, instructors will have ownership and be responsible for when their courses open. We recommend that course sites open one week before the beginning of the course start date, but instructors may decide to open courses anytime between two weeks before the course start date and, at a minimum, the day the course begins. View the tutorial to learn more on how to open your course.
- Note: This process is only for fully online and blended courses that are updated by ATD. For new courses, redesigns, or revisions, please contact your instructional designer about when your course site will be opened.
- Submitting Grades & Incompletes: Course grades for all students should be submitted by Aug 23 @ 11:59 PM. For guidance on this process, explore the Academic Support Resources Due Dates for grades site.
- Student Rating of Teaching: Remind your students to complete the Student Ratings of Teaching (SRTs) through Canvas. The SRT link can be located in your Course Navigation panel. Read more about the SRT Process on the Office of Measurement Services website.
- ATD Requests for Fall ‘23: The last day to request ATD assistance for your Fall ‘23 course is Aug. 4, 2023. After this date, requests for work require the approval of the ATD and may not be accommodated before the start of term.
- Editing Content in Canvas New Quizzes: Instructure replaced the rudimentary Rich Content Editor (RCE) in New Quizzes with the more robust RCE that is standard to the rest of Canvas.
- Bulk Publish/Unpublish: Canvas now offers a tool to Bulk Publish and Unpublish Module Items
- Canvas Rubrics in External Tools: Assignments with External Tools (like Turnitin) allows for External Tools Add Rubric Button
Zoom’s Kaltura Integration
Zoom’s limited time storage can be an inconvenience, but now with the Kaltura integration to Zoom you can now set up Zoom to transfer your cloud recordings to Kaltura to host them. For more info Zoom: Cloud Recording to Kaltura Integration
As part of our Digital Accessibility series, in this Highlight we are showcasing Lists and Accessibility! We all make lists: to-do lists, shopping lists, top ten favorite music track lists. Are we making our lists to be accessible for students? Check out the article to learn more!