Established in 1913, the College of Continuing and Professional Studies (formerly College of Continuing Education) empowers learners of all ages and walks of life to pursue knowledge, gain experience, and see the world in new ways.
- Degrees or certificates
- Professional development and enrichment courses
- Conferences (many located at the CCAPS Continuing Education and Conference Center)
- Minnesota English Language Program (helping international students improve English reading, writing, and speaking skills for success in a university classroom or in the workplace)
- High School Programs (juniors and seniors earn college credit before leaving high school)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (older adults pursue their love of learning in this membership-based offering)
We are also home to Radio K, the award-winning, student-run radio station of the University of Minnesota.
Find out about the many accomplishments of our students, alumni, and faculty by browsing through our College e-newsletter, published three times a year.
- We believe learning is for everyone.
- We meet people where they are.
- We help navigate complex systems.
- We believe learning improves lives.
- We are curious and we feed our hunger for knowledge.
- We celebrate learning as a lifelong process.
- We welcome all and honor differences.
- We believe diversity enriches learning.
- We care about our learners and one another holistically.
- We foster strong relationships with one another, our learners, and our communities.
- We believe that teamwork leads to better outcomes.
- We are transparent and we encourage honest and open dialogue.
- We design programs around current needs and emerging trends.
- We challenge and inspire our learners.
- We deliver exceptional service and support.