Established in 1913, the College of Continuing and Professional Studies (formerly College of Continuing Education) has been committed to opening doors for over 100 years.
The College’s primary audience is adult learners. Our mission is to provide high-quality continuing education and lifelong learning opportunities for professional development, personal enrichment, career transitions, and academic growth.
Tens of thousands of additional learners benefit from the professional learning environment provided by our Continuing Education and Conference Center.
Additionally, the Minnesota English Language Program (MELP) helps international students improve English reading, writing, and speaking skills for success in a university classroom or in the workplace.
Other programs serve students of all ages. Through our High School Programs, juniors and seniors can earn college credit before leaving high school, while the membership-based Osher Lifelong Learning Institute offers older adults opportunities to pursue their love of learning.
We are also home to Radio K, the award-winning student-run radio station of the University of Minnesota.
Find out about the many accomplishments of our students, alumni, and faculty by browsing through our College e-newsletter, published three times a year.
- We believe learning is for everyone.
- We meet people where they are.
- We help navigate complex systems.
- We believe learning improves lives.
- We are curious and feed our hunger for knowledge.
- We celebrate learning as a lifelong process.
- We welcome all and honor differences.
- We believe diversity enriches learning.
- We care about our learners and one another holistically.
- We foster strong relationships with one another, our learners, and our communities.
- We believe that teamwork leads to better outcomes.
- We are transparent and encourage honest and open dialogue.
- We design programs around current needs and emerging trends.
- We challenge and inspire our learners.
- We deliver exceptional service and support.